DB 72
    Tarp
    WL Oldman Winter
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBunk View Post
    Your explanation is a little hard to follow, any chance you have a picture or a diagram that can explain what you are discribing?
    In case you haven't figured this out yet, Imagine tying a line to the edge of the UQ(the "side") and throwing it over the ridgeline, tying it off on the other edge. This would pull the UQ up. I will try this this weekend.

Hammock
    DB 72
    Tarp
    WL Oldman Winter
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Found a solution!

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!

Ok, so before I just used the line locs on each corner(secondary suspension). These would then slip through resulting in gaps. After talking with Adam for some time, I tried it all then realized tightening the primary suspension would lift the incubator up. Sure nuff, tightened her up and I sat down and it was nice and snug. I then adjust the line locs at the foot end(have to tie off cuz they slip) and now I am good to go. Can't use tie outs, less comfortable and the cold seeps in instantaneously. Will have to dial that in later but I slept like a baby last night. Thanks Adam for the helpful suggestions!

Hammock
    HH expedition asym wih zipper
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG -15F TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    It would be nice to have some kind of video on youtube to see the best way to use the suspensions... I've tried a couples settings that suit my needs but I would see someone else settings his or her suspensions.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    Did you ever get a diagram or did anyone ever make a video?

Hammock
    XLC BB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Digital Camo CF
    Insulation
    PLUQ/HGIncubator40
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    yes, pics or a diagram would be nice... I got a used incubator 40, that didnt have the stock suspension on it, and have no clue how it is supposed to go.

Hammock
    BIAS WW
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex | Std
    Insulation
    Palisade | Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images
    Absolutely +1 on the pics/diagram/video.
    I just received some goodies from HG and they're all really high quality... but the UQ suspension is kind of confusing me.
    A hanging, though, was something different. I got to thinking. We hadn’t never been to nothing just to have a good time. A hanging was special and we was all getting to go.
    ~ Eddie Whitlock, Evil Is Always Human

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    A word about the newest suspension.

I began to reply to another thread and it turned into a book. So I figured I would start my own thread so this might be easier to find. I apologize in advance for the length of the post.

When you get a new underquilt from Hammock Gear you find that there is an "S" biner is attached to two lines on each end of the underquilt. Those two lines make up what I am calling “the primary suspension” and “the secondary suspension”. The primary suspension is all one piece and it slides though the long channels on the side edges of the underquilt. It is brought together at one end with a simple overhand knot. The secondary suspension lines are shorter and they are attached to the 4 line locs located at the corners of the underquilt. There are specific reasons I have decided to go with this method to suspend the underquilts.

The primary suspension was the sole method of suspending the under quilt in the past. Many people have used this system without any problems at all. In fact, they say they like the flexibility of being able to adjust the quilt toward the head or foot end when they do not get the perfect hang angle (which happens to all of us on occasion). What is also nice about the primary suspension is that the shock cord running down the length of the channels does a great job of "hugging" the side of the hammock. This keeps out drafts and insures that the quilt is being pulled up all along that channel for a great fit.
    ~Stormcrow
    I'm so freaking glad I finally read this. I've used my incubator several times and never realized what each section of the suspension is supposed to do. Add to it that when I got my Incubator, the primary and secondary suspension on the head end was knotted (tangled) and in order to hang the thing, I had to slip the whoopee sling on my hammock through the loop formed at the head end, in order for it to work. It really looked like it was supposed to be one piece. About to go on a trip in a month, and decided to figure out that darn suspension and why it was giving me such a headache. Fixed the knot, figured out the S-biners. Ready to go again! Hope to complete the Foothills Trail here in SC in November, ready to have some warm nights in my Incubator!
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Is there a way to tighten the primary suspension? I don't see a lineloc or anything. Do I just need to tie a half hitch around a bite of the shock cord to make the primary suspension loop smaller?

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by keeganxt View Post
    Is there a way to tighten the primary suspension? I don't see a lineloc or anything. Do I just need to tie a half hitch around a bite of the shock cord to make the primary suspension loop smaller?
    Yep, that's the easiest, unless you want to make it permanent. I've tried using a cord lock in the past, but it didn't hold very well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast