Hi guys,
This is my first time posting here, but after recently missing out on a great deal on a Hennessy Hammock ($60 at REI scratch-n-dent), I've been intrigued by the idea of hammock camping. I have a screwed-up back, and sleeping on the ground on a self-inflating thermarest can get pretty brutal.

Due to those back problems, though, I've been looking away from the HH, and instead become interested in the bridge hammock design. The one feature I really dig about the Hennessy design, though, is the bottom entry slot, where you just sit down and lift up your legs, and the hammock snaps shut.

Can anyone comment on the feasibility of doing this in a DIY design, and whether it would work well on a bridge hammock? For that matter, can you give me an idea how well DIY bridge hammocks compare to the Jacks-R-Better design when it comes to actual comfort and laying flat? I'd like to build my own and save a few bucks, but if the JRB hammocks are superior to DIY designs, I might just bite the bullet and buy one.