Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images

Step up from NA to NX-200?

Ok, you guys have encouraged me to go out and set up my Clark NA which has been essentially in mothballs for a couple years. It's better than I remember, based on me having more knowledge on setup I'm sure (Cavediver2's vids helped, I had made the mistake of threading the foot end support through the tarp) but it's still feeling rather narrow for me. I do show just in the comfort zone, but I suspect I'm out of spec for a normal person my size/weight.

For those who have both, or experience in both, I'm curious if the 6" width and 1' length do, in fact, make a difference? In laying in it, it would seem so to me, as I'm trying to envision 3" wider each side and 6" more on the head and foot. I'm doing well in the Hennessy at the moment, but I do believe Clark has the superior off the shelf total system. It's a fair bit of dollars though, to get another one. However, it's not like wasted, as my daughter who's tracking to be a Wildland Firefighter just loves the Clark as I put her in to test new whoopie slings on it. The HH I'm in is the Asym Explorer Deluxe, for the 300 lb limit, feels like a whole bunch more room and no netting laying on skin making it useless.

SOooo...is the additional width and length noticeable and dramatically better comfort wise if I'm on the line as far as the chart goes?

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Yes, the bigger bed with spreader bars does seem bigger than the small bed with the bars; and the spreader bars make the smaller beds seem wider. I sleep as well in both size beds.

In fact a tailor is right now looking at converting a couple of non-NX to spreader-bar configurations in the mold of Clark's own. Including one, the UL, which Clark does not offer that way. For the other models Clark charges a uniform $50 for the model which includes them.

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Yes, the bigger bed with spreader bars does seem bigger than the small bed with the bars; and the spreader bars make the smaller beds seem wider. I sleep as well in both size beds.

In fact a tailor is right now looking at converting a couple of non-NX to spreader-bar configurations in the mold of Clark's own. Including one, the UL, which Clark does not offer that way. For the other models Clark charges a uniform $50 for the model which includes them.
    Thanks, I was actually looking at the NX200 with no spreader bars, but maybe I'll include that in the mix. I haven't been one for spreader bars on a hammock, can't really say why I've been averse though, just have.

The flex actually looks like an interesting solution for the wife taking the dog with her.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I had the NA and the NX-250, and I liked the extra room and the spreader bars of the NX-250 much better. I am eyeing the Flex though. Maybe sometime later I may own one.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    I had the NA and the NX-250, and I liked the extra room and the spreader bars of the NX-250 much better. I am eyeing the Flex though. Maybe sometime later I may own one.
    Do you think there's a huge difference between the NX200 and 250 with the bars?

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I've never seen a NX-200, but I think the bars open the hammock up and give you more room. I hate a bugnet hanging in my face or even close to it.
    "No whining in the woods"

In my NX250, with the net closed, it seems so spacious with everything up top so nicely "stretched" (but never tightly), and for cooler weather with the weather shield closed as well, the "climate" inside is noticeably warmer. I also love the fact that you can control your top cover so easy and no chance of it falling overboard. I enjoy playing around with other hammocks but my Clark is my go to when bed time comes.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    I hate a bugnet hanging in my face or even close to it.
    Yeah, that's the issue with the NA I have currently. I figured out it was because of where the zipper hits my shoulder, when I saw my daughter in the hammock and noted she was fully below the zipper line. Makes the bug net that much further away.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Oh ye demons of temptation...just when I think I have myself talked out of spending the money for an NX200....They hand me a 5 yr certificate and a VISA gift card =:O

• + New Posts