Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hammock bliss

hammock bliss

Want to try hammock camping...Ole camping buddy, went the camper route So, I am getting a bit older, bit heavier(270)..and a whole lot stiffer in the morn...Love tent camping, but want to be more flexible when it comes to campsites...Do not wish to invest a bunch of money to try it out...found a hammock bliss no-see-um hammock on sale for about 45.00 and that includes shipping..But, do not wish to buy it and get a sour taste in my mouth about hammock camping...So, my question is, would this be a good place to start for a complete newbie...Any input would be appreciated...Thanks

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    KAQ, Speer
    I have a Hennessey Exployer Delux, an ENO Double Nest, and a Hammock Bliss. The Hammock Bliss is by far my favorite. Can't explain why - just really like the feel of the fabric and the length of the hammock.

I no longer have the bug net on mine, but I can tell you it held me when I flipped my hammock

You won't find many folks here with the Bliss - not sure why. Just not as popular as others I guess.

More opinions

Thanks Lost..helps a lot..wish more would comment..lots of readers but no opinions I guess..(my daughter and son-in-law live in Nashville)..will keep just surfing away and see what I can find...Rob

Hammock
    DIY Speer-type
    Tarp
    modded SG 12' x12'
    Insulation
    CCF and DAM
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    I've got a hammock bliss double and hammock bliss mosquito cocoon. The wife loves them.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ Pad
    Images
    I don't have a lot to offer, I've only been hammocking exclusively since April, but I can assure you I'm NOT going back to the ground. There is a learning curve, mostly how to hang the hammock to be comfortable, but once you get that it progressively gets easier.

I have posted a link to my first hammock, its a little cheaper, but the weight limit is low. (I'm 170, 5'9" so it work well for me.)
    http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___42505

The best thing would be to find someone that already has a hammock and try theirs. Most people with a hammock don't mind sharing/converting ground dwellers. Good Luck!
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
    - Yoda

Images
    buy the bliss. I have an ENO single nest and a Claytor mosquito hammock and love them both! Be careful though, it's an addiction! I'm in the ENO now typing on my iPhone...Life is good!
    Why didn't someone tell me sooner? I don't HAVE to sleep on the ground!

A hammock bliss was my first hammock. It has held up to a lot of abuse and is very comfortable.

To deal with bugs, I was given the cocoon for my birthday. I slept in the bliss with the cocoon in the Boundary Waters. Everything worked great.

I like the separate hammock and cocoon. Then, you can swing and relax without the net if you don't need it.

Thanks

Well, finally decided to get a skeeter pro...for the net, and the size and weight limit...and the price I found it for....not a lot of investment, and hoping to enjoy learning and maybe eventually try another brand like the jungle hammock, if it works out for me...taking my small boat on a lake that borders the forest and camp out on one of the small islands and fish and play with the hammock all day to get the right amount of sag , etc...looking forward to the experience, the solitude, and if it does not work out for me, will put the hammock up for sale here and know that I had a great 3 days fishing, camping and enjoying the outdoors...And if the hammock camping does work out for me...my wallet is gonna take a beating Thank all who responded and remember to always take your time..and leave all your troubles behind you when you sleep under the stars...Rob

Hi Rob, I'm looking at either a Bliss No See Em or a Skeeter Pro. Where did you find the Bliss for $45 and where did you buy your Skeeter Pro from. starsea

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Anyone ever mod a bliss no-see-um with a ridgeline? I have an idea on how to do it, but I was wondering if anyone had already done it and the method they used.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast