Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo

Full size UQ for the NX-250

well ive posted another thread up asking for a manufacturer to get back to me to make me an awesome UQ but i havent had a lot of takers, so i guess i'll have to do some research of my own, here goes:

Can anyone give me their opinion or the best full size UQ that will let me sleep toasty in the snowtime, whats the fill, whats the weight, hows it pack down and whats the price?

thanks in advance

ps: oh, id love it to come in camo if possible too
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

Hammock
    Safari Zip,WBBB,Switchback,NX250
    Tarp
    S'Fly,Ogee,DD 3x3
    Insulation
    W/Incubator
    Suspension
    2" s/belt webbing

NX 250 underquilt

I use the Clark Z Liner,then my Incubator under that,clipped into position to the hammock and then when it's really cold,I put my New River UQ under all that as well.

I carry it all inside a Lazy Slug Tube ,which I lug around in the back of my 80 series landcruiser

All this usually goes under my WBBB superfly

The Clark isn't the flattest lay (that would probably be my HH safari deluxe or the 72 Dangerbird) but it's by far the warmest cold weather rig I've got.Underquilts attach easily and don't roll off your shoulder and combined with the Overcover zipped in place ,it's brilliant.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    I use the Clark Z Liner,then my Incubator under that,clipped into position to the hammock and then when it's really cold,I put my New River UQ under all that as well.

I carry it all inside a Lazy Slug Tube ,which I lug around in the back of my 80 series landcruiser

All this usually goes under my WBBB superfly

The Clark isn't the flattest lay (that would probably be my HH safari deluxe or the 72 Dangerbird) but it's by far the warmest cold weather rig I've got.Underquilts attach easily and don't roll off your shoulder and combined with the Overcover zipped in place ,it's brilliant.
    hey thanks for the response, what temp rating is your Incubator? and what temp is your new river UQ? cheers
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

Hammock
    Safari Zip,WBBB,Switchback,NX250
    Tarp
    S'Fly,Ogee,DD 3x3
    Insulation
    W/Incubator
    Suspension
    2" s/belt webbing

NX 250 underquilt

Hi

My incubator's rated at 0 Fahrenhiet
    THe new river's rating is approx 32 F ( I think ).Our equivalent is 0 Celcius. It's not as good as the Incubator,but it's longer and that helps keep my feet warm (I'm 6'7") as well as "protecting" the down incubator from any wind blown rain etc that might blow up under the fly .
    Everythings inside the LST (the above,my No Sniveller top quilt,beanie,gloves,head torch,etc).I use SMC rings with 2" seat belt webbing folded on itself and sewn to make it !" wide (super strong,nice and soft / pliable).Just throw it into the 80 along with a fly and I'm gone.........Usually Barrington Tops etc

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
    well ive posted another thread up asking for a manufacturer to get back to me to make me an awesome UQ but i havent had a lot of takers, so i guess i'll have to do some research of my own, here goes:

Can anyone give me their opinion or the best full size UQ that will let me sleep toasty in the snowtime, whats the fill, whats the weight, hows it pack down and whats the price?

thanks in advance

ps: oh, id love it to come in camo if possible too
    It is a bit more normal for the customer to contact the manufacturer... But since you seem to solicit/expect a bid...

JRB Mt Washington 4...Solid performance to Zero and below...Available and shipping daily... http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Mt%20Washington.htm

Still on TD sale for two more days too.

Remember, I'm biased.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    It might be the norm PP but as per my post, i could have contacted numerous manufacturers and have already contacted a couple, but i was really looking for someone to sell me something, someone bold and passionate about fitting the underside of my hammock and telling me what they can do, after all this is a forum, im always looking for people to give me their strong opinions,

Ive found Paul from Underground quilts to be extremely helpful and will be having him make one up for me shortly, cheers buddy
    cheers

Hammock
    NX - 250, WBBB XLC, Grand Trunk SBP
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    whoopie sllings
    Images
    KAQ new river

No problem with the poles for me.
    Last edited by Wilder; 06-19-2012 at 17:56.

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images
    I used a full size incubator from Hammockgear.com on my NX-250

I put a 3/4 Phoenix on my NX250 and it fit so well that I no longer want a full length.

• + New Posts