Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Yes, with the floppy hat and the sweat running down you, you look like an Aussie.

Just like Bruciehi5, my hat is floppy as well.
    You should see my other hat, That thing is like sitting under the garage. It's got the Australian flag underneath it. If I remember I'll take it on a day walk this weekend and post a short video report.

I like the large snake at the end of the video, I wonder what species that was. Not to sure, but it looked like a Hammockgear about to shed it's skin. What ever it was, sure looked like it was in a hurry.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Fine way to wake up in the morning, I just wish I had spent the night in the hammock! ;-)

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Heck, I was just there last weekend and now you got me missing the Gorge again! At least it won't be too long.
    Thanks for putting the videos together. Whenever someone asks what the Gorge is like, I refer them to your videos. I tell them my time there was just as scenic, but probably not as entertaining.

That shrimp spread in the earlier video looked downright dicey. I think I would have just as much luck packing in a gallon of fresh milk for the week.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Shug,
    With all these videos I'm running out of complements to give ya . Enjoy each one more and more.
    As long as you watch....I'm happy to show off the Gorge.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    Awesome video shug. Truely a legend!
    Well a big thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Man, people leave some weird stuff in the woods! Great video Hickery Bros! I really, really, need to go hiking...soon!
    Cheers
    People sure do. Yes....go hiking soon.!

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Shug WOW (witty of the woods) HA!
    Seriously thanks for the recollect to the water tree. One one hike Mac told us where it was, on another hike MillerGear and I found it. NICE memories.
    The Linville Gorge area, alas taken for granted since it's so close to home--but for those targeting areas because they are simply stupendous then the Gorge is a must.
    Cool shots of the black shug snake weaving through the piney wood...are they poisonous?
    My first time at the water tree....it is a gem. I like that a person can bounce around the Gorge or go in for a while.
    The snake is only poisonous to the billfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    This one is a little different than the one you mentioned. Map was reprinted in June 1997.
    That is the one I have....but mine is way old!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Again, mighty fine Shug. Tanks for keeping us entertained and informed.
    Blaze.
    Always my pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    It’s amazing the things you find to sing about! lol Your sun hat is a bit floppy. One day, it might be as floppy as mine. The water tree is cool as! Compuper. Yeah, the gorge valley view is something special, to be sure! I liked the snake... that was scary! Well, that was great, Mr. Shug! There had better be more to come, or I’ll lodge a complaint! Not sure who to complain to, you need to set up a complaints e-mail address, filtered to send all incoming mail to the trash can.
    That hat was a treat...much cooler than my "Shug" hat and better protection too boot. Yeah....compuper...good catch.
    So happy to share the Gorge.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    Yes, with the floppy hat and the sweat running down you, you look like an Aussie.

Just like Bruciehi5, my hat is floppy as well.
    You should see my other hat, That thing is like sitting under the garage. It's got the Australian flag underneath it. If I remember I'll take it on a day walk this weekend and post a short video report.

I like the large snake at the end of the video, I wonder what species that was. Not to sure, but it looked like a Hammockgear about to shed it's skin. What ever it was, sure looked like it was in a hurry.
    The hat passed muster for sure!!!
    Had fun doing the morning snake shot. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Fine way to wake up in the morning, I just wish I had spent the night in the hammock! ;-)
    Me too! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by wisenber View Post
    Heck, I was just there last weekend and now you got me missing the Gorge again! At least it won't be too long.
    Thanks for putting the videos together. Whenever someone asks what the Gorge is like, I refer them to your videos. I tell them my time there was just as scenic, but probably not as entertaining.

That shrimp spread in the earlier video looked downright dicey. I think I would have just as much luck packing in a gallon of fresh milk for the week.
    Ya'll give the Gorge my regards. I try to show the Gorge in glorious Gorge fashion. Thankee.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Shug,

I've never done a trip where we broke it up with going back to the car and going to a different section. Does that seem to interrupt the continuity of the hike or the experience? I'm curious.
    "There are places in this world that are neither here nor there, neither up nor down, neither real nor imaginary. These are the in-between places, difficult to find and even more challenging to sustain." - Thomas Moore

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL "BD"
    Insulation
    Bags/AH
    Suspension
    Hugger,Ring,& Loop
    Another great vid. Can't wait for part 5!
    A long habit of not thinking a thing WRONG, gives it the superficial appearance of being RIGHT,...
    -Thomas Paine

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vdeal View Post
    Shug,

I've never done a trip where we broke it up with going back to the car and going to a different section. Does that seem to interrupt the continuity of the hike or the experience? I'm curious.
    Not at the Gorge........it is a terrific way to do in and outs. We were going todo the Grand Loop....about 5 days....but with my hurt foot this was a really good way to go.
    I think you can see so much more this way in the Gorge. It is special that way.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    about two years ago i learned of it, and said that i would be visiting the gorge in 2013. the time is getting here! as always, i love the videos.

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovy View Post
    That is to crazy sitting on the rock edge like that. I once stood on the edge of a cliff like that and still think about it. Great video work, love the spring water dripping on the camera!! 8)
    ===> The only thing I could think of was, "Man! Would I like to make a BASE jump off that cliff! " LOL!

~ Sky - who has been known to fling himself at the planet in various ways and try to miss.
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl HB noseeum modified
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I just found out that the Gorge was where they shot "The Last of the Mohicans". Now I REALLY have to go see it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast