KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daddywoodsman View Post
    sounds like a cool trip!
    Your welcome to join us!!
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    BlackBird dbl 1.1+Dutchware
    Tarp
    SuperFly+Dutchware
    Insulation
    HG & Mamba
    Suspension
    Straps+Dutchware
    Images
    This sounds like a great walk with some great people. I will be at the lake
    towing teenagers around on their wakeboards that weekend...however, I will be sleeping in my hammock at the campsite! Have fun MML & crew.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench,a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free,and good men die like dogs.There's also a negative side"
    Hunter S. Thompson

Greg

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I had the opportunity to spend a couple of days on the Allegheny Front trail with a group of volunteers and the keystone Trail Association this past week.
    We really got a lot of work done and my hat goes off to all those hard working volunteers!!
    5 days was spent going over the AFT clearing the trail of blow downs thinning and lopping Laurel, brush whacking, mowing the grassy areas and re-painting the blazes ( The PA. D.C.N.R. had the blaze changed from Orange to yellow paint).
    The AFT is now in pretty good shape, probably the best it has been in years.
    I can't wait for the hike in July-it will be awesome!!

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The Backpacking hike at the Allegheny Front trail will start on Tuesday July 17th. We will meet at the black Moshannon parking lot around noon. This will be the parking lot at the bridge near the beach swimming area.
    Looks like right now 3 humans and a 4 legged critter that is almost human,
    ( AKA: Ben the trasher).
    SBD , Two Tents, Trasher, and myself are the for sure hikers as of this evening. More are welcome.
    If things go as planned we should wrap up the hiking Saturday or Saturday night.
    Here is some updated info from the recient trail work on the AFT ( a Press release):
    The Allegheny Front Trail, a 42 mile looping foot path that encircles Black Moshannon State Park in western Centre County, was the focus of intensive trail maintenance the week of June 12-17. Volunteers, organized by the Keystone Trails Association's Trail Care Program, devoted over 300 hours of dedicated labor to clearing and reblazing extensive sections of the trail corridor.
    These upgrades are part of the ongoing work being coordinated by the Keystone Trails Association, Pennsylvania's only statewide hiking organization, to improve the outdoor experience of both novice and experienced hikers and backpackers on hiking trails throughout the Keystone State.
    Participants who joined the AFT crew for all or part of the week camped at Black Moshannon State Park and were provided with meals prepared on site by volunteer cook Jim Catozzi, a master of dutch oven and open air cookery. Volunteers also had the unique opportunity to meet and spend an evening with two of Pennsylvania's great hiking trail mentors, Ralph Seeley and Tom Thwaites, who, as advisors to the Penn State Outing Club, and through their work with KTA and the Mid State Trail Association have spent decades leading the way in building and improving trails and the hiking experience in Pennsylvania.
    The Allegheny Front Trail was layed out and built, primarily with volunteer efforts, in the late 1990's. Its treadway traverses a wide range of forest environments, follows trout streams and provides a number of stunning views across the Ridge and Valley Province from several identified vistas. The complete schedule of upcoming Trail Care events and other hiking activities sponsored by the Keystone Trails Association is available at www.kta-hike.org.

John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Hammecks, WBBBs
    Tarp
    WB Edge+SuperFly
    Insulation
    DIYIXUQ+TQ+SngFit
    Suspension
    webbing, whoOpies
    Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    Looks like right now 3 humans and a 4 legged critter that is almost human,
    ( AKA: Ben the trasher).
    SBD , Two Tents, Trasher, and myself are the for sure hikers as of this evening. More are welcome.
    Three humans and a dog. A mighty fine group to hike with.

( Just found this thread.
    Figure if I write it here I will very seriously consider joining the group and postpone vanCamping with my husband. )

Weighing the possibilities : how strongly I wish to hike with you folks
    against my personal reality of rather hike in the rain than in the heat.

Seems like it would be worth a five hour drive.

Some heavy thinking about this.

G.

trailname : Distracted By Stone

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Please do consider!!
    This is a great group, especially with SBD ( Donna) in our hiking adventures. She keeps us all energized and entertained!!
    Two tents and Trasher being along are like that feeling when you order that scoop of icecream and you get two.
    Remember:
    Walking takes longer... than any other known form of locomotion except crawling. Thus it stretches time and prolongs life. Life is already too short to waste on speed. ~Edward Abbey, "Walking"

John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    G...Hawk, I say go for it! You know you want to! ben ( my dog ) says to tell you woof, whatever that means.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
    This sounds like a great walk with some great people. I will be at the lake
    towing teenagers around on their wakeboards that weekend...however, I will be sleeping in my hammock at the campsite! Have fun MML & crew.
    Greg, it was so much fun checking out the Walmart and hanging with you! thanks again for the ride! wish you could be there with us. hope i we will see you at the fall hang, if not sooner best you you and your family!
    Donna
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)Hennessy Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I would love to come along! Unfortunately I won't be hike worthy for another month or so...;(
    I haven't met anybody from HF yet but look forward to it being soon! Maybe I'll be ready for the Fall Hang...!
    Have a blast and sleep well...
    Always have a Plan B C D and E! - Arson

I 100% believe “Normal is Boring!"

Does Shug ever put out a bad video?

"Man up and get back up to the top of the food chain Mr. Omnivore. That McDonalds didn't grow out of a Avacodo bush.” - MrClean417

"The trick to living and learning is actually living." - Cannibal

"He who would travel happily must travel light."
    - Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery

"Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take."
    - Sheridan Anderson

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast