Need indoor setup help

Not sure where to put this since there isn't an indoor section.

I have a bedroom that is rather unique. There is a space which I think is a modified walk-in closet. The space is about 8X4 feet. I could go as far as 8.9 feet diagonally.

I will be the only one sleeping in it but I would like a Brazilian type hammock that is wide enough for two. This usually means that the hammocks have a longer overall length in the range of 14 feet. (bed length + suspension)

Could I successfully hang a hammock like this (see attached images)? And by successful I mean, sleep on it every night. Are there any problems to consider by doing this?

Should I just give it a shot?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    We're trying to get the hammock hangers out of the closet, not back in it Embrace the love of hammocks

Hammock
    ENO singlenest
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    poncho liners
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    If I am understanding your picture correctly, you plan to hang the hammock using some eyelet screws. Thats exactly what I do in my house and it hangs just fine. I sleep in it all the time. Mine hangs from just a single heavy-gauge screw at each end, drilled into the center of the wall stud. The only lessons I learned the hard way when setting mine up was you want to make sure the hammock suspension is pulling on the eyelet straight out from the wall, and is not pulling on the eyelet sideways. I did some drywall damage and had to relocate my eyelet screws the first time around.

Here is what you dont want
    with two m's, like "hammock."

it must be the camera angle but, that closet dosen't look big enough for two people..even if they took turns in there!!
    Last edited by the_gr8t_waldo; 05-20-2012 at 00:00.

Hammock
    Tommy Hamamca XX Grande
    Tarp
    roof over my head!
    Insulation
    sleepnbag+blankets
    Suspension
    vario stand
    Quote Originally Posted by crawforc3 View Post
    Not sure where to put this since there isn't an indoor section.

I have a bedroom that is rather unique. There is a space which I think is a modified walk-in closet. The space is about 8X4 feet. I could go as far as 8.9 feet diagonally.

I will be the only one sleeping in it but I would like a Brazilian type hammock that is wide enough for two. This usually means that the hammocks have a longer overall length in the range of 14 feet. (bed length + suspension)

Could I successfully hang a hammock like this (see attached images)? And by successful I mean, sleep on it every night. Are there any problems to consider by doing this?

Should I just give it a shot?
    Yes, of course you should give it a shot!

I hang indoors, but use a hammock stand. I could do the calculations to see if a 14 ft hammock + suspension would fit in those dimensions, but I've had too much home-made cider . It does occur to me that you might be able to make it work if you hang the hammock higher w/ lots of sag, and diagonally to get the maximum length (plus it's probably easier to find studs near the corners anyway). Your comfort level will likely depend on your height and size since the space--not the hammock is the limiting factor here.

Mr. Clean said in the 'it takes a week to make a hammock' thread: "I can't begin to find the center of this thing and I'm beginning to think I can dang near lay 90 degrees on it, I am only 74 inches long. I hit my aquarium stand before I run out of room. Who would have thunk the limiting factor would be my side to side clearance?" --referring to a 90" x 132" gathered end hammock.

• + New Posts