Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings
    Sounds like you not only had a good time, but you were in great company as well

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I felt like I was there too while reading your great post!
    As I get older, I find myself avoiding huge crowded events even though I found them exciting in my youth. However, Trail Days is on my bucket list. It sounds like the right kind of crowd
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I felt like I was there too while reading your great post!
    As I get older, I find myself avoiding huge crowded events even though I found them exciting in my youth. However, Trail Days is on my bucket list. It sounds like the right kind of crowd
    It's a great crowd well at least outside of tent city it is. I had fun observing the shanagins inside of tent city but in my ripe old age of 32 I found it to be a bit much. I enjoyed Friday day and Saturday day hanging out with good friends and people in the vendor area much more enjoyable that what I observed in tent city. However I will most certainly be attending again next year I had a blast. Glad you and everyone else has been enjoying reading this thread.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JBR quilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies by Dutch

Trail Days

I also went down to Trail Days, but I arrived Sat evening, as I had to work Sat AM. This was my first Trail Days. I had looked at their website this winter, and decided I needed to check this event out. I got some cool stickers and a couple of AT signs from Fishing Fred. One thing about arriving later was some lower prices on some stuff. I made it over to the vendor area and found the Jacks. I tried out their new UL BMBH. I could have fallen asleep in it except for all the noise and screaming kids on the nearby playground. I decided to stay with the deluxe BMBH I already had.
    Pam fixed me up with one of their 11x10 tarps and I got a heck of a good deal on an older MW3 UQ they had as a demo model. Got a couple of other items there and walked away a happy camper. Cruised around the vendor area Sun AM and picked up a couple more items. There were a lot of folks there and countless hikers. I noticed a lot of the hikers were a lot younger, probably in their late teens or 20's. I'm a wannabe thru hiker and in my 50's. If Grandma Gatewood can do it, not once, but 3 times, age doesn't have to be a deterrent. I had to check out the local outfitter there, Mount Rodgers Outfitters. Being a gear-a-holic, I got some more AT stuff there.
    This is one cool event. I really enjoyed the time there. This is definately
    a must do event for next year!

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    why is it when i read this, i get tears welling up and thinking, maybe someday,, someday auntie em...
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    TrekLight
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    7D HG 3s Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Had a blast hanging out with you a Stella Blue. Hopefully we can do it all again next year ! Take it easy my friend. -MrG-
    Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho ~ Jambi

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    That was a fun read. Thanks for the trip report.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Wonderful report! Those HammockGear folks are great. I'm sure the others are fine as well, just haven't met them. Read so much about trail days, soon I'll get a chance to attend. Glad you had a great time!

Ebola

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I was there last year and this year but this year was totally different because I hiked from Springer Mountain to get there. I misjudged my pace and wound up arriving a few days too early but that gave me the opportunity to soak up all Damascus had to offer. I camped the entire time in the woods at Tent City which was a real trip. I probably had a different perspective of that experience since I knew many of the hikers camping there. I'm 65 but still had a blast with all the young hiker trash! I was amzed at how many hammocks were strung up in the woods. Hammocks are taking over!!!

It was cool meeting and greeting all the hammock vendors. I especially enjoyed talking to Papa Smurf, Adam/Jen and The World's Greatest Hiker Dutch. I used the Dangerbird, Incubator and a collection of Dutch's handy little products. It was great to give them all a little feedback on their gear. I was totally satisfied with all my gear choices. I left my Incubator with Adam and Jen so they could make the baffle and suspension mods for me. They said they would do it for free to which I am most grateful.

The outpouring of love and support from the folks in Damascus was very heartwarming. I will always remember my time there warmly. If you have the chance to attend next year I highly recommend it.

Miguel/ Cat in the Hat

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    Had a blast hanging out with you a Stella Blue. Hopefully we can do it all again next year ! Take it easy my friend. -MrG-
    Ditto my friend, well have to hit the trail together sometime in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    That was a fun read. Thanks for the trip report.
    Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    Wonderful report! Those HammockGear folks are great. I'm sure the others are fine as well, just haven't met them. Read so much about trail days, soon I'll get a chance to attend. Glad you had a great time!

Ebola
    Why yes they are some mighty fine folks at Hammock Gear as well as the Jack's, Dutch, Luke, Anti Gravity Gear, MLD and all the rest of the vendors that I have meet. Its awesome to meet folk who do what they do because they love it and are enthusiastic about what they do. We are truly lucky to have the vendors we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I was there last year and this year but this year was totally different because I hiked from Springer Mountain to get there. I misjudged my pace and wound up arriving a few days too early but that gave me the opportunity to soak up all Damascus had to offer. I camped the entire time in the woods at Tent City which was a real trip. I probably had a different perspective of that experience since I knew many of the hikers camping there. I'm 65 but still had a blast with all the young hiker trash! I was amzed at how many hammocks were strung up in the woods. Hammocks are taking over!!!

It was cool meeting and greeting all the hammock vendors. I especially enjoyed talking to Papa Smurf, Adam/Jen and The World's Greatest Hiker Dutch. I used the Dangerbird, Incubator and a collection of Dutch's handy little products. It was great to give them all a little feedback on their gear. I was totally satisfied with all my gear choices. I left my Incubator with Adam and Jen so they could make the baffle and suspension mods for me. They said they would do it for free to which I am most grateful.

The outpouring of love and support from the folks in Damascus was very heartwarming. I will always remember my time there warmly. If you have the chance to attend next year I highly recommend it.

Miguel/ Cat in the Hat
    Miguel, Id love to hear more about your experience in tent city as I am sure we have very different perspectives. Mine is certainly a bit skewed having it been only my first experience and only knowing the HF'ers at TD. I like looking through a kaleidoscope it makes the world appear more clear.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast