Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    On Shark Tank last season there was a towel that you could also wear for changing clothes. It was designed for kids, but maybe they have adult sizes as well.

Personally I just change under my tarp or when laying in my hammock (which can be a challenge)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    The only part I'm even remotely modest about is changing underwear. This usually envolves me squirming out of them while sitting in the hammock, pulling the clean pair up as far as I can, then standing up and pulling them on the rest of the way. All the while hoping no one is trying to sneek a peak. Not that I really care, it's more out of respect for others. Once that deed is accomplished I just change clothes however is most comfortable. If you don't want an eye full of buttocks don't look.

When the GF comes along, usually car camping at a public campground. The 12'x18' tarp comes along. She much more modest than myslef.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Hammock
    Thunderbird11ft DL
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    20 UGQ Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    If you all are that modest how in the world do you do your business in the woods??? When my bro and I went on our first backpack adventure he didnt number 2 cause he was scared soemthign would see him. Me on the other hand disrobe dig hole and sit back!!!!
    Psalm 50:1 The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and calls the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
    Old Dominion Hangers: Secretary
    First Annual Powhatan Hang and Work - April 17-19, 2015

While in more public areas, I just drop the tarp down and change in the hammock. For a big guy, I'm surprisingly "bendy".

In the woods? Modesty is left at the vehicle.

Hammock
    ENO dblnest
    Tarp
    Jacks Cat
    Insulation
    3S incubator
    Suspension
    Opie's whoopies
    When the wife joins me and the boys, we take our retired tent for gear storage and changing. After a rainy night, it always brings a smile to my face to see the puddles in the tent while I was high and dry all night!

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by sgeary28 View Post
    If you all are that modest how in the world do you do your business in the woods??? When my bro and I went on our first backpack adventure he didnt number 2 cause he was scared soemthign would see him. Me on the other hand disrobe dig hole and sit back!!!!
    I don't number 2 either....but it's more because I just don't seem to have the need when I'm not home, so it's not like I'm "holding it in" or anything like that. I just don't, and never have, even at hotels.

As for peeing, some of us women have learned to use an F.U.D quite easily and love that freedom and not having to expose half ourselves in the process. I'm sure it would throw some of the men off who aren't aware of these, if they happen to accidentally see us standing up and handling that deed like a pro I think more women should be educated to this too.

Another area...for women (well, men too). I've discovered I like men's sport briefs. They're comfortable, don't ride up, and look like running pants from the back, so changing the outer layer becomes quite easy, as most would think your wearing running shorts. (obviously they don't look like that from the front but I face the hammock while changing). If I could find women's sport's briefs that weren't $45 each, I'd wear those, but I have yet to find them. When I have to change the underlings....its a struggle within the hammock. As with my shirt, I don't really care about because a bra isn't really that different than a bikini top, so who cares...and the bra just comes of from under the shirt and out the arm hole.

It's amazing how easy changing actually is and it's funny that it had been such a big worry to me when I first started out.

Hammock
    D.I.Y
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    D.I.Y Whoopies
    Untill i get a bigger tarp i use the old look around to make sure the coast is clear and change faster than lightning.

Hammock
    Clark NA, HH UL
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ, bag TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I close the weather shield on the Clark and change inside the hammock. I'm a smaller guy so with the tarp hung high I have plenty of room. I'll sit indian style and sorta lift myself up/crouch as needed. All the rocking and rolling may look funny to observers though

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I just don't. Haha. Even if I brought spare clothes I'd still be stinky. I have in the past though taken my tights off under my TQ in my hammock and short back on. Pretty easy.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sgeary28 View Post
    If you all are that modest how in the world do you do your business in the woods...When my bro and I went on our first backpack adventure he didnt number 2 cause he was scared something would see him. Me on the other hand disrobe dig hole and sit back!!!!

Funny you mention this--last year at Konnarock Crew we had a city girl come out to do some trail maintenance with a few outdoor-geared friends. City girl refused to do #2 in the woods, and became sick from being backed up after nearly five days. One of the crew members, thoroughly trained in wilderness first aid, had to initiate city girl's bowel movement with her...fingers.

Sorry for violating the TMI clause...but I guess the lesson here is either dont bring city girl into woods OR educate the ignorant that no one cares that you poo in the woods.

Needless to say, it was kind of entertaining and a great way to bond (and laugh) as a group!

Per this thread: when there's company within eyesight, the tarp is great to change under or behind. When no one is around? Can't think of a more freeing feeling than to prance naked in the woods for a short time

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast