Multicam.... Where are you?

Being in the Army, I'm a bit partial to the Multicam pattern. It is in my opinion, one of the best military camouflage patterns available today. I know I'm not the only one, so I hope to stir the pot so to speak. I'd like to see more of hammock industries using this material. What say you hammockers?

Hammock
    DIY Multicam, Multicam BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoneix
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling

Absolutely

I love the Multicam pattern as well in fact i have made several gathered end hammocks using multicam. I even had Hammock Gear make me an UQ and TQ using Multicam Fabric

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=49093

Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    I don't know the exact patter that you are looking for, but this company sells a lot of military ripstop http://store.magnafabrics.com

The prices are good but shipping charges are a little high, because i believe that they ship everything on the rolls.

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    Duro Industries that makes Multicam has only one fabric that is comparable to the fabrics we're used to using for hammocks and backpacking. Duro has a 1.9oz 100% nylon ripstop which makes a great single layer hammock. Most double layer hammocks are 1.1 oz fabric. Down-filled quilts typically use 1.1 oz fabric because of the lighter weight. All of the other fabrics Duro makes in the Mulitcam are much heavier or aren't synthetic. They do not offer silnylon.

Someone on here a while back contacted Duro about making a run of silnylon, but the minimum custom run is 5000 yds. Until Duro expands their product line beyond military applications, we're going to have limited and heavier choices if using Multicam. It's a really cool pattern and I'd like to have some items made with Multicam, but so far I'm not willing to pay the weight or cost penalty for having it.

Magna Fabrics has a lot of camo patterns, but again, there is limited lightweight nylon fabric choices. Most camo is made for military uses and is thus heavier and more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Detail Man View Post
    Duro Industries that makes Multicam has only one fabric that is comparable to the fabrics we're used to using for hammocks and backpacking. Duro has a 1.9oz 100% nylon ripstop which makes a great single layer hammock. Most double layer hammocks are 1.1 oz fabric. Down-filled quilts typically use 1.1 oz fabric because of the lighter weight. All of the other fabrics Duro makes in the Mulitcam are much heavier or aren't synthetic. They do not offer silnylon.

Someone on here a while back contacted Duro about making a run of silnylon, but the minimum custom run is 5000 yds. Until Duro expands their product line beyond military applications, we're going to have limited and heavier choices if using Multicam. It's a really cool pattern and I'd like to have some items made with Multicam, but so far I'm not willing to pay the weight or cost penalty for having it.

Magna Fabrics has a lot of camo patterns, but again, there is limited lightweight nylon fabric choices. Most camo is made for military uses and is thus heavier and more durable.
    Duro now has a 40x40D 1.55oz/yd finished weight ripstop "Epsilon", but it is also single sided nano coated to reduce air transmission and increase water resistance. Might be OK for hammocks, but at $10-11/yd... ouch
    If you buy the fabric, I bet you could talk many of the vendors into producing what you want with it. Personally, I'm waiting for multicam silnylon. Once your hammock is shrouded under a tarp, it doesn't much matter what color the hammock is.
    Last edited by BER; 05-22-2012 at 15:30.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Tadpole
    Insulation
    Not in Georgia...
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Multicam is great... for Afganistan, not so much in middle US.

As mentioned in previous posts, it's out there, just not a widely popular pattern in the little industry we have here. It'll pick up soon, as the demand grows, the market will follow.

Shnick
    ...Levitate me
    - Pixies

Hammock
    D.I.Y gathered end
    Tarp
    D.I.Y 10x8
    Suspension
    Rings
    Love multicam! And thank you for your service.

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    diyin to hang

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    I just made a double layer 1.5 oz ACU hammock. I got the fabric here. I used the pure finished 2nds under the camo tab. It's listed as 59" but mine was 68". Made a nice breathable hammock. I also picked up a couple of ACU poncho liners to make top and bottom quilts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    HH Xped w/2QZQ#4 and HH ULBA
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenx|7DBurrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings/DCs
    Bring a GPS...It's awkward when you have to eat your buddies.

My YouTube Channel

• + New Posts