Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Let's not forget the Warbonnet.

Made in the USA, relatively inexpensive, and lightweight. Insulation is the only issue with cold and that doesn't really matter which hammock manufacturer you choose. Wanna stay really warm? Get yourself a Speer SnugFit; uberwarm!

I've been to -10F with my Warbonnet and 1/2 length UQ; can't imagine too much worse than that in an Alaska summer. However, I may need to take a trip up there just to be sure.
    I would love to try a WB hammock, if they ever actually become available.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I would love to try a WB hammock, if they ever actually become available.
    Same here.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Anybody wanna guess what my first post-hike purchase is gonna be?
    A Clark?

Of course it's going to be a WB. I'd like to try one someday.

PS> love your location - "I'm not sure right now" is a great place to be. I hope to be there in about a day.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    I've been watching these forums like a hawk for a sign a warbonnet being available, but to stay on topic. I love my claytor and recommend it highly, I've been to Alaska, but not at all times of year. It's the most beautiful place I've been and I'm ready to move up there.....but the wife says I have to learn to fly a float plane first I'm actually looking into it!! I'd definitely take my Claytor to Alaska. I don't really get the hype about the Clark though.. really nice hammock? : YES Worth the price ? I DOUBT IT I've never seen one in action though... Add a vote for the Claytor JH.

I like the Claytor. It seems like a nice concise package with the integrated sleeve.

But I was hoping for something made in America...

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwtt View Post
    I've been watching these forums like a hawk for a sign a warbonnet being available, but to stay on topic. I love my claytor and recommend it highly, I've been to Alaska, but not at all times of year. It's the most beautiful place I've been and I'm ready to move up there.....but the wife says I have to learn to fly a float plane first I'm actually looking into it!! I'd definitely take my Claytor to Alaska. I don't really get the hype about the Clark though.. really nice hammock? : YES Worth the price ? I DOUBT IT I've never seen one in action though... Add a vote for the Claytor JH.
    CLARK WORTH THE PRICE? EVERY PENNY!!! I have not found another hammock with the quality or comfort. I haven't tried every hammock yet, but I'm getting there. AND BUILT IN THE USA!!! It's not hype, it's personal preference on comfort, style and feature. And being a complete, out of the box package. HYOH! JRB BMB is also a nice hammock, although I hope they start making them a little wider and add a zipper to the bug net - IMO it would make a much nicer product. And they are great people. Always helpful.

Wisconsin weather is about equal to Juneau's or Anchorage, without the daylight thing. Actually, our avg. temps in Northern Wisconsin are pretty close to both places - check it out. So where in Alaska is your brother? If he's in Juneau area, just about any hammock can handle Juneau's temps with the right accessories. If he's inland, he may need something like a JRB 4 season tarp tent for late fall - early spring.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_angler View Post
    I like the Claytor. It seems like a nice concise package with the integrated sleeve.

But I was hoping for something made in America...
    aint much made in usa anymoreneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwtt View Post
    Even though I hate the price of the clark and that is the main reason I have not got one I like the idea that I could buy a hammock that has everything I need without extra mods. The main thing that clark has over claytor for me is the weathersheild. Put that on the claytor and I would order one today

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Well your criteria is what I was looking for when I bought my Clark.
    In fact when I was looking for my first hammock I ordered a Claytor first and on the very same day I found this site and was reading about the Clarks and on that same day I called and canceled my order for a Claytor. Until I was reading here the Claytor was the one I wanted it was top loading had bug net seemed pretty easy to put up and was ready to order some other stuff to make it work for a 4 season hammock and found the Clarks.

after receiving my Clark I was glad I waited and ordered it after canceling my order from Claytor I spent about 3 weeks reading everything I could about Clarks and then ordered.

You really do have everything there is to need use in a 4 seasons that's not to say that you can't do it with anything else because there are hundreds of people here who do it all the time with other styles of hammocks. I just think that you dont have to have all the other stuff that some do to make it work.

I can get by with less stuff and less weight. If Claytor is what you looking for then by all means buy it there are allot of people here that like them and it serves them well.

In the end I spent a bit more on the Clark but when it was all said and done I actually spent less by the end.

There is a comparison on this site done by (spelling) someone who has had several different types of hammocks and how much it cost her for all the hammocks and the different types of stuff to make it work if I can find it I will re post it here for you but when it all came down to the nut cuttin the clark came out cheaper in the end for her as well.

PLUS ITS MADE IN AMERICA

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mataharihiker View Post
    I find it strange that everyone thinks Clark's is such an expensive hammock...
    I don't think the NA IS more expensive....I had the set-up listed below:

---------------------------------------------price---------weight
    Hennessy ULTRALITE BACKPACKER A-SYM----$179.95-------1lb 15oz
    ----------undercover & pad-----------------129.95---------- 13oz
    ----------------------overcover--------------34.95------------6oz(?)
    ordered Snakeskins so I could use covers------19.95------------4oz(?)

------------------------------------total---$364.80-------3lbs 6oz (est)

I don't see the NA as either more expensive or heavier than a set-up that offers comparable attributes.
    Here it is what i was talking about and this was just a Hennessy setup just think about all the other hammocks with this.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast