WBBB XLC & DH TBird - Toss up!
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    hammockgear.com
    Suspension
    All things Dutch

Cool Moving to Utah

Got approval to relocate to Utah for the skiing. Mrs. Tikhon is one in a million! I am looking for insight and feedback from hopefully locals on schools and communities. We have a 9 yr old headed to the fourth grade and schools are a primary concern. Morgan & Mountain Green are high on our list but haven't ruled out Summit Pk, Ogden or even Logan.
    I am a Senior NSP ski patroller with 6 years in, OEC & Toboggan instructor and Avalanche - MTR I&II certified. I am also an EMT-B here in Ohio.
    Any hammocker, EMT, skier or Patrollers input from this fourm on Beaver Mtn, SnowBasin, Powder Mtn would be invaluable.

Thanks in advance!

Tikhon

Hammock
    DutchWare 11ft Netless
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    20° Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Welcome to Utah!

My sister lives in Mountain Green and loves it. You may want to also consider Huntsville, Eden and Liberty (Ogden Valley) as they are great locations at the base of both Powder Mtn, Snowbasin and the smaller Wolf Creek resort. Both areas are fairly rural communities. Ogden Valley is a great four season community as it is also on Pineview reservoir

Both Powder and Basin are great resorts. Basin is much more ritzy and commercial than Powder which still feels more local friendly. Powder has night skiing where Basin does not. I grew up skiing both and haven't been to Basin for nearly 30 years; not that I haven't wanted to, but just haven't had the chance. My best friend from my youth and his sister are instructors and ski patrol at Basin.

Morgan School District covers all communities in Morgan county including Mountain Green and has a middle school setup (grades 1–5, 6–8, 9–12). There is only one high school in the district. Ogden Valley is part of Weber School District and follow a junior high setup (grades 1–6, 7–9, 10–12). Students from Ogden Valley attend elementary and junior high in the valley, and are bused to Weber High in Pleasant View (near North Ogden). There are several high schools in this district.
    I'm out... | website

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Man, everyone's moving to somewhere else around here.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC & DH TBird - Toss up!
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    hammockgear.com
    Suspension
    All things Dutch
    Hey thanks for the input i apologize for not getting back and thanking you for the taking the time. We are on our way this weekend to do some on the ground recon in Morgan, MT Green and the valley. Should be in Ogden Sunday or Monday. Now all i need is a freak summer snow storm and a couple of feet of the fluffy stuff.....
    I usually get it right on the third cut ....... hhahahaha

• + New Posts