Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY IX

Consew 206RB or Techsew 2700

Any of you using a Consew 206RB series machine? Wondering how they do for sewing the thin ripstop? I'm considering purchasing one for hammocks, canoe packs and fixing/modifying my sons hockey goalie gear.

I'm also looking at the Techsew 2700 cylinder bed machine which seems like it would be a good fit......especially for the canoe packs and stuff sacks.

Spendy I know but I will have it for the next 40 years and can pass it down to my boys.

Hammock
    DIY headessey
    Tarp
    blackcat
    Insulation
    primaloft tq/uq
    Suspension
    whoopies & huggers
    Images
    I personally don't use my compound feed on ripstop but my reason is I don't buy needles for it smaller than size 22. I have owned a 206rb4 and it was awesome. I recently bought a Seiko and i love it more for it's servo. Cylinder bed walking foot machine would add some complexity to your larger tarp seams and the cylinder restricts the style of attachments you can use (it might not be a problem for you at all.)

That said a cylinder bed is more versatile making lots of smaller gear. I have a flat bed and I don't think I'll be looking for a cylinder anytime in the forseeable future (that's about 6am tomorrow in my case).

My personal advice would be go for the 206 and make sure you get the big bobbin and a nice servo.
    Last edited by Pag; 05-29-2012 at 22:38. Reason: spelling like a chimp
    --If a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY IX
    Thanks for the response......Going to look at an older 206RB-1 tomorrow. Like the availability/cost of the feet and parts. The price they are asking will allow me to get a nice servo and still be far ahead compared to a new one.

• + New Posts