Hammock
    HH/ WBRR
    Tarp
    OES / Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UG
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Good video as usual, look forward to your sept. tri.... uh wait....squirrel...
    ...report.

I'll proaly take my border collie but afraid I'll wake up to a missing dog. He'll be 10 miles
    down the road.

Hammock
    Switchback and WBBB
    Tarp
    Mega Ogee! Sweet
    Insulation
    Jar bridge
    Suspension
    Dutchie Whoopie
    Images
    Awesome! Thanks Fronkey and to all the other contributor for advice. Can't wait to get out in the woods with the dogs. Do you have bears, etc where you are camping? We have all kinds of wildlife. The most troublesome are the coyotes. I usually keep even the large dog inside the tent. I am a little apprehensive about all of us being bait for the coyotes.

Images
    thanks, good vid. i had Kaia watch it twice
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Love the video Fronkey nice job.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Pj1008 View Post
    I have no trees in the back yard that I can hang from and the parents are't too keen on me installing a few posts to hang from. I tried to explain it could be used for a clothes line too!! I'll build a turtle dog stand one of these days, then i'll give that a try.

And she's a goldendoodle. A golden retriever and standerd poodle mix. Supposed to have the personalty of a golden retriever and the coat of a poodle so she doesn't shed. Somehow I don't have a pic of her but this looks like her twin! http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/7...ig-7953991.jpg
    Those are great dogs.

From your story it doesn't sound like you will be having baby girl out there for an overnighter. lol But, there are always day hikes and mid afternoon naps.

Quote Originally Posted by tmckay2 View Post
    good video. people always ask me about hammocking with a dog. i don't really see the problem. as long as the dog is under 50 lbs i think its pretty easy. the only issue i have with mine is she is a tosser and turner and so am i. i guess the one other thing i run into is keeping her sharp claws off my expensive down sleeping bag.
    You can do it with any size dog, it just depends on whether or not they are in the hammock or on the floor. I trip Kiba's nails all the time and even file them down so there is no way she could puncture the hammock. Thanks for watching.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhgawee View Post
    Good video as usual, look forward to your sept. tri.... uh wait....squirrel...
    ...report.

I'll proaly take my border collie but afraid I'll wake up to a missing dog. He'll be 10 miles
    down the road.
    Thanks dude. You probably would with a Border Collie. Not because he would bite through the rope, but because they're so dang smart it would probably just unhook it's leash.

I am so excited for the Sep. trip and it will be a blast to have Tala along with me. I might even have a few surprise guests for part of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonks View Post
    Awesome! Thanks Fronkey and to all the other contributor for advice. Can't wait to get out in the woods with the dogs. Do you have bears, etc where you are camping? We have all kinds of wildlife. The most troublesome are the coyotes. I usually keep even the large dog inside the tent. I am a little apprehensive about all of us being bait for the coyotes.
    Yep, we sure do have bears, wolves and coyotes, but, they are more afraid of you. I hang my food far from the hammock too and if one ever get close enough a big yell would spook them.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    thanks, good vid. i had Kaia watch it twice
    Thanks karl. BTW, almost named "Tala" "Kaia." Love that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    Love the video Fronkey nice job.
    Thank you sir!

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl lefty
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj.Web/Dutch clip
    Thanks for the video Fronkey! Graham and I loved it. He thinks Kiba's a cutie. We have one overnight in already and I'm tweaking his setup again. I'm working on a bugnet thing with a bathtub floor and a door, kind of a poleless tent, that will hang from my suspension and keep him bug free.
    I was told there'd be no math on this exam. ~T.D.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle
    Tarp
    HG Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20* Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    You made my day. My what a BIG squirrel you have there.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibby View Post
    Thanks for the video Fronkey! Graham and I loved it. He thinks Kiba's a cutie. We have one overnight in already and I'm tweaking his setup again. I'm working on a bugnet thing with a bathtub floor and a door, kind of a poleless tent, that will hang from my suspension and keep him bug free.
    Kiba has a good buddy here that looks a lot like Graham, I bet they would have a blast together.

You could do something similar to the "Fronkey bugnet" with the open bottom. However, instead of the shock cord, just make it long enough to go to the ground and stake it out. It wouldn't add very much weight at all and Graham would be bug free. I look forward to seeing what you come up with and thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
    You made my day. My what a BIG squirrel you have there.
    Huge and adorable. I must have watched your dog sledding 10 times already to see the Huskies. lol

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    GuideGear 8.5x8.5
    Insulation
    PLUQ/CCF Pad
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibby View Post
    I'm working on a bugnet thing with a bathtub floor and a door, kind of a poleless tent, that will hang from my suspension and keep him bug free.
    I'd recommend, if you have it, to test this with some cheap netting first. Something you wouldn't mind your trail monster running straight through or pawing at. Thankfully, mine didn't rip, but Dingo decided he didn't like my netting, so he pawed at it and pulled it right off my ridgeline.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast