Warbonnet Blackbird DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20F Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Thread Injector Table

Are the old thread injector tables fairly uniform, in that any table can house and mount any thread injector?

I need to put my 1958 Montgomery Wards machine on something, and the old table it was previously housed in is long since gone. The old table looked like a standard wood end table, but had a top that hinged to the left and folded down. The machine could then be flipped up into operating position from the right/center of the table. There was a knee operated lever projecting below the table.

I have seen a number of similar looking tables on Craigslist, but I am not sure if they will work with my machine.
    Last edited by Troy64; 06-06-2012 at 17:51.
    To support the Boy Scouts, please buy some popcorn from http://www.trails-end.com/shop/scout...sp?id=28250585

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Sizes of the bed were standard, front to back @7 by 1950. Beds were 14 1/2 until motors started being mounted at the end of the machine, but by 1950 the cutouts were long enough to accomodate the greater length.

Can't tell you if hinge spacing for the machine was standardized. I just measured a Singer cabinet and on center they seemed to be 2 1/2 and 12 /14 from the left edge. Hinges for fixing the machine to the cabinet were not standardized, but Singer probably set a standard most but not everyone else followed.

The hardware to pop up a machine machine may be expensive today. The knee-bar you describe ought to be rescued for the same reason. It likely pushes a rod which pushes a traditional foot operated carbon pile controller mounted to the side of the cabinet. While the wiring on controllers varies, it is all pretty simple. Controllers alone are $20-$25 new, at minimum.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Sizes of the bed were standard, front to back @7 by 1950. Beds were 14 1/2 until motors started being mounted at the end of the machine, but by 1950 the cutouts were long enough to accomodate the greater length.
    To my knowledge, while there are some universal fits around there is no absolutely universal standard. For example, my Viking will not fit just any cabinet. Before the "portable" machine, meaning those machines which sat in their own tray, cabinets were made to fit. Some machines had legs that would hold the works off the surface. Others did not. Some machines would tilt and lower into the cabinet. Others remained fixed on top. You need an opening in the cabinet so the bed will rest on the surface. You should be able to measure the bed and compare it to the hole in the cabinet. But I would definitely suggest you compare them rather than hope.

There were also 3/4 and compact machines made that may take fit smaller cabinets.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts