Dutchware Chamelon
    Tarp
    HH Hex tarp
    Insulation
    unsponsored UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Primaloft query.

I'm still trying to get the bits together I need to make a UQ and TQ for my hammock. I going to use Primaloft One for the fill and I now know where to get it from http://www.extremtextil.de/ but I'm not sure which sort and how much to get. So this is an open question to anyone who has used it for making there own kit.

Which type of Primaloft did you get and how much (how many layers) did you use and what sort of temps do you use that to? I know that each person is different when it comes to sleeping and how warm or cold they but it gives me a idea where to start from.

Cheers
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    I am a rather warm sleeper, and I made a 5F-comfortable UQ with 9oz. of Primaloft; a 6oz and a 3oz layer with a 1.1 DWR shell. My gf is a very cold sleeper and it gets her to a bit below freezing. :-)
    Oh, and it's Primaloft Sport, I believe.

Lovin' the Primaloft,
    PF
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

I made a 6oz primaloft one quilt with 2 3oz layers quilted with 3inches of space between stitches.

It's incredibly warm for my wife and i right down to 32 degrees F (0 degrees C) i am a warm sleeper and she is a cold sleeper.

It's lasted through 32 washes in the washing machine so far, and dozens of multi-day backpacking adventures so far.

FYI, the quilt channels will create "dead spots" in insulation. so, it's best to use 2 layers that are offset over each other in order to avoid those nasty cold spots.

• + New Posts