Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Astoria,NY
    Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 XL, DH-TB, ENO DN,
    Tarp
    Mambajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3S UQ, HG TQ
    Posts
    67

    Are there any NY Hanging groups?

    I am a newbie and i would love to hang and learn more about this wonderful new hobbie of mine. Are there any NY Hanging Groups in the New York area where we can plan day trips or longer trips?

  2. #2
    Member Jhb627's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West point,NY
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Suspension
    stock / webbing
    Posts
    88
    I am from orange county and also a newbie.

  3. #3
    Senior Member AmericasHammock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Hammock
    None
    Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Posts
    260
    Images
    5
    I live upstate just outside of the Adirondacks. Myself and another forum member DuctTape get together about once a month for an over night or two. Sometimes we are joined by others but it's mostly just us. I haven't run into any organized hanging groups, but just because one doesn't exist doesn't mean we couldn't start one.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Manchego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Middletown, MD
    Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Posts
    392
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericasHammock View Post
    I live upstate just outside of the Adirondacks. Myself and another forum member DuctTape get together about once a month for an over night or two. Sometimes we are joined by others but it's mostly just us. I haven't run into any organized hanging groups, but just because one doesn't exist doesn't mean we couldn't start one.
    I get up there as much as possible. If you don't mind a MD type jumping in and out as avail I'd join such a group.

  5. #5
    ... the odds be 50-50 G.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    CT
    Hammock
    WBBB / WWM
    Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing & whoops..
    Posts
    269
    Just out side of the city.

    I try to get out for some time on the AT or peak bagging one weekend a month.

    If you'd like, I'll ping you when planing to head out.

    Actually heading out next weekend. Not sure if it will be the AT (southern MA) or VT for Camels Hump or Ellen.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Raul Perez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Posts
    2,363
    Images
    49
    Southern MA is a bit swampy right now from the rain. Great ridge walking on a clear day and I'm sure the ascents and descents would be easier on a dry day. Had a good slip yesterday on my way to great barrington (pine needles on rocks should be against the law ha)
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

    The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

    http://watermonkey.net/

    Youtube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

  7. #7
    Senior Member AmericasHammock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Hammock
    None
    Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Posts
    260
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchego View Post
    I get up there as much as possible. If you don't mind a MD type jumping in and out as avail I'd join such a group.
    We don't mind any types joining. All of us are from very different backgrounds and occupations. I myself am in Law Enforcement, and my usual hiking partner is a math teacher. An MD would be a welcome addition as much as a casual hiker who teaches yoga on the weekends would be. Just give me a shout when you're free and want to come up and we'll see about getting something together.

  8. #8
    Senior Member DuctTape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Posts
    2,048
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericasHammock View Post
    We don't mind any types joining. All of us are from very different backgrounds and occupations. I myself am in Law Enforcement, and my usual hiking partner is a math teacher. An MD would be a welcome addition as much as a casual hiker who teaches yoga on the weekends would be. Just give me a shout when you're free and want to come up and we'll see about getting something together.
    We are also seeking members if the swedish bikini team as well. Or Finnish, Norse, ... we really arent that picky.

  9. #9
    Senior Member AmericasHammock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Hammock
    None
    Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Posts
    260
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
    We are also seeking members if the swedish bikini team as well. Or Finnish, Norse, ... we really arent that picky.
    Can't believe I left that out!! So yeah if you know any female bikini models who like to backpack and sleep in hammocks, please send them our way! Even if they don't like to backpack or sleep in hammocks, please STILL send them our way. Thank you.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Hammock
    Traveler SL 1.1 w/ diy tulle bugnet
    Tarp
    Z-packs cuben
    Insulation
    BurrowTQ &BreezeUQ
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    Posts
    72
    I am literally 1 minute from NY in mahwah nj. I frequently camp at Harriman and world definitely be down.

Similar Threads

  1. Girl Groups
    By Gentlefire in forum Southwest
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 17:54
  2. User groups?
    By 1shot in forum Feedback, Suggestions, and Site Questions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 11:46
  3. Groups to hike the AT?
    By texashanger in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 17:24

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •