Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps

Which would you get?

im looking for a tarp, just starting out so i kind of want to use this. what size should i get? i have a kammok (5'7" x 10') so im thinking a 9 x 12

http://www.tarpaflex.com/acatalog/camouflage-tarps.html

Hammock
    DreamHammock!
    Tarp
    DDXL/OESUltra
    Suspension
    AWS!!
    If you're car camping, I'd consider this a good deal and a good tarp.

If you're intent on hike in/hike out/backpacking - I'm thinking the weight of this will be a bummer. I'm not a weight weenie or anything, but, I could see this tarp being a pain for backpacking.

Before I bought this, I'd see what I could find out about the weight of it. I'm thinking with "rust proof grommets" that weight wasn't a consideration during the production of this tarp!!

The uses highlighted for this tarp cause me to think I wouldn't be happy with this for hammocking purpose. I'm thinking this is a tarp like you'd find for covering a wood pile or something. (I'm not trying to be negatively critical of it by saying that - hoping that gives you a clearer idea of what you're looking at.....Yes, the price is really good, but, if you'll ultimately not be happy with it for the purpose you're hoping to make it work for - why waste the money? Of course, again, not being 100% certain of your favorite "style" of camping...)

Are you backpacking or car camping? My opinion is the answer to this question is "a fork in the road" when it comes to tarp shopping.
    Last edited by autolox; 06-10-2012 at 06:55.
    You don't HAVE TO be crazy to be here - But I assure you it will help.....

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Autolox covered it pretty good. But as far as size goes - of the sizes available on the link you posted - I think the 9 x 12 is your best bet.
    You can get an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 in nylon at Sportsman's Guide for around $20 that would be pretty good coverage if hung on the diagonal.

• + New Posts