Hammock
    DIY super-wide
    Tarp
    guide gear 11x11
    Insulation
    fleece quilt/ccf
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Wow! I get the priveledge of advocating the guide gear tarp! Buy the 8.5x8.5(it is now properly labeled). It can be found at http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...x?a=954701&e=Y . The new ones need some seam sealing, but it is still a great tarp for just $17.97. It won't fail you! DON'T FORGET TO SEAM SEAL IT!!! (you can buy a bottle of seam seal at wally-world for a few bucks.)
    I love frisbee, mangos, 7.62x39, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Atlas Shrugged, 1984, fresh grown tomatoes, oatmeal with raisins, America, potted meat, and the N.C. mountains.

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Hammock
    DIY super-wide
    Tarp
    guide gear 11x11
    Insulation
    fleece quilt/ccf
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Turned diagonally, it will fit your hammock!
    I love frisbee, mangos, 7.62x39, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Atlas Shrugged, 1984, fresh grown tomatoes, oatmeal with raisins, America, potted meat, and the N.C. mountains.

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Hammock
    i like my HH
    Tarp
    no preference(yet)
    Insulation
    pad and bag
    Suspension
    what came/w the HH
    We also picked up a Kelty Noah 12 x 12 for about $60 last summer. Another great option is to check out tent footprints. REI and Sierra Trading Post both sell them and you can sometimes find a really good deal on them. Just be sure to take note of the shape and size of the footprint to make sure it's large enough.

Sunny
    "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Look into a Kelty Noah's 9 x 9 tarp; they start at about $60 and you can usually find them for sale online
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by evman View Post
    well, not to get too much into my personal story but, my parents split up 5 years ago, my father has essentially made it clear he doesn't want anything to do with me. He stole my kx250, so i bought an older yamaha it, had to sell it because gas is expensive and minimum wage doesn't quite pay the bills, I would ride mtb but thats an initial 300$ investment i cant make. I would use a blue tarp but i need small pack down, my bag is small, lol Edit: what kinda trike do you ride?
    WOW, I had my share of family drama as well, I went to 3 different high schools! Two in VA an hour apart, and one in AR! My dad didn't steal my bikes, but after complaining about my 1972 Blazer that I couldn't repair one too many time I came home to find it gone! He'd sold it! And gave me a portion of the proceeds! Smacked me with a little dose of watch my mouth!

Anyway I used to race ATC 200X's back in the '80's, yes I'm old! Now I have a Honda 400EX, and hope to find a cherry '86 ATC 350X, the 4 wheels just ain't as stable as the 3's if ya' know what you're doing! The 4 wheels were to teach my daughter how to ride since my wife didn't want her baby girl learning on 3's! I have a vintage mountain cycle san-andreas full squish and a newer Specialized 29er hard tail that I ride more than the ATV. I live just south of Charlotte, and we have about 100 miles of great single track.

I'm a newbie at hammocking, but am wondering if the rain fly on used tents would make a worthy tarp for a hammock? I've had several cheap dome tents way back in the day, and the rain fly's were removable! Just wondering???

Get your education in whatever you're really interested in, pay cash for everything, stay out of debt, and your toy box can easily dwarf mine! After all this IS AMERICA! And you're just a kid! Your life's yours to make whatever you choose out of it, enjoy the ride, you only get one turn!

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    I found a large footprint in a free box at a yard sale, it is made by NorthFace. It is huge, I am going to use it for a dining fly. My daughter used it this weekend over her ENO DN it was really huge, I do not think I really want to cut it down to fit over the hammock. It looks like it had never been unfolded before. I was after the tent that was in the box it was missing its poles, but I thought I could use the tent fabric for another project. Snoop around a little, you never know what you might find.

Hammock
    hh expedition 2.5, snap-on edition
    Tarp
    Hm space blanket
    Insulation
    3/4L scored pad
    Suspension
    tree huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    WOW, I had my share of family drama as well, I went to 3 different high schools! Two in VA an hour apart, and one in AR! My dad didn't steal my bikes, but after complaining about my 1972 Blazer that I couldn't repair one too many time I came home to find it gone! He'd sold it! And gave me a portion of the proceeds! Smacked me with a little dose of watch my mouth!

Anyway I used to race ATC 200X's back in the '80's, yes I'm old! Now I have a Honda 400EX, and hope to find a cherry '86 ATC 350X, the 4 wheels just ain't as stable as the 3's if ya' know what you're doing! The 4 wheels were to teach my daughter how to ride since my wife didn't want her baby girl learning on 3's! I have a vintage mountain cycle san-andreas full squish and a newer Specialized 29er hard tail that I ride more than the ATV. I live just south of Charlotte, and we have about 100 miles of great single track.

I'm a newbie at hammocking, but am wondering if the rain fly on used tents would make a worthy tarp for a hammock? I've had several cheap dome tents way back in the day, and the rain fly's were removable! Just wondering???

Get your education in whatever you're really interested in, pay cash for everything, stay out of debt, and your toy box can easily dwarf mine! After all this IS AMERICA! And you're just a kid! Your life's yours to make whatever you choose out of it, enjoy the ride, you only get one turn!
    lol, my first bike was a honda 90, ran like crap and i couldn't fix anything at 6yrs old, after pouting too much grandpa took it, fixed it, rode it down the rode and told me he sold it. i found the rainfly on tents sags ALOT when hung up
    awwwww yeeaaah!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123