Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Bug net weight dpi

Ok so I have been thinking about making myself a bugnet and have heard a lot of.fabrics being thrown around... And weight is not a huge concern but by saving some here maybe that means I can carry a bigger knife

Anyways heard lots of fabrics. No see um, nano see um, organdy, organza, tulle... And others I don't remember... Any complete list of weights, pros and cons breathability of all these fabrics... Costs in the list would be cool too although in a changing market place not necessary...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    BIAS 11 ft; Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    Down bag/cc pad
    Suspension
    whoopies

ask papa smurf

You should ask papa smurf, since he is a bug sock maker and offers various fabrics. I ordered two from him in his lightest fabric (can't remember which fabric but he could tell you what he offers), knowing that the tradeoff would be durability. Sure enough, I wasn't as careful as I should have been and I ripped it at both the head and foot ends. I am very careful with my gear, but I found that the lightest weight bug net material is very fragile indeed. This is not a knock on papa smurf's product, since everybody knows that when you order an extra light fabric you accept the added risk of tearing. His bug socks are really very nicely made, and I highly recommend his products.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Yeah I have heard a few things but I'm wanting one of the top entry bug nets... And no one sells them so ill make my own... My current bugnet is 17 oz plus hammock and suspension its more than 2 lbs of hammock and I know making it I can get down to a lot less than that and get a bigger hammock with a better bug net...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    The lightest fabric is tulle. It's about .35 oz/sy. I would only advise you to use this if you are a gram weenie and afe used to babying all your ultralight equipment. It will keep bugs out but no-seeums can get in, so you have to soak it in Permethrin if you have a problem with them. Tulle can be obtained at your local JoAnn store. BUT, only buy their "fashion tulle". Most other tulles are too fragile for even an ultralighter. It's really cheap to buy so could be considered disposable.

Next lightest is the 0.7 oz/sy. nano-seeum bug net. Substantial enough for anyone except beginner scouts. It does block more air flow than netting with larger holes. It is the most expensive option. You can buy it at www.owfinc.com or www.thru-hiker.com

Next is the fairly common noseeum netting that weighs about 1 oz/sy. Good all around netting with good strength and moderate cost, just not the lightest. You can get this at wew.DIYGearSupply.com
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

• + New Posts