Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    DIY Primaloft
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

A disappointing discovery

Ever since i bought my ENO DN I have been having trouble getting a flat lay. I have tried all sorts of tweaks to my suspension, tension, sag, and everything else I could think of to adjust. finally I decided I just needed a longer hammock than what ENO makes so I decided to make my own 11 ft hammock. I decided to use the whoopie slings I had put on my eno. When I pulled them out of the channel though I noticed the DN looked drastically shorter than my new hammock, so I decided to pull out my tape measure. When I bought my DN the ENO website stated that the DN was 118 inches (or 9 ft 10 inches). They have since changed the website to say that it measures 9 ft 4 in. Mine measures s whopping 8 ft 10 inches. In other words 6 inches shorter than current specs and a foot shorter than the listed specs at the time I bought it. At least now I know I'm not totally crazy for thinking it was too short. I thought about contacting eno (i have always heard that their customer service was top notch) but I'm past the 2 year warranty. Even at the short length my wife has always loved my DN so I think it will just become her hammock now. Besides, after all the memories and good times I have in that hammock (flat lay or not) I don't really want to get rid of it. (I know call me sentimental, whatever). Ultimately I'm just glad I figured out what the problem was. And hey, now I have a super long hammock that I made myself.
    "Knowledge is power and it's very light weight."

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    I'm sure you're relieved to know a path to solving your problem and of course the not being crazy part is just icing on the cake.

David

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    If you got it through REI, take it back. They have a bomb-proof warranty on stuff, even 2 years old!

• + New Posts