DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...

Paradise hang Guam 2012

I would like to plan a group hang on Guam. If any are interested with this venture let me know and we will plan the hang.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Thread bump.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    one last bump before i give and wait for a group hang till i am back to the states...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Wow, talk about a blast from the past! I was stationed on Guam at Anderson AFB for about 4 years around 1987. Did a lot of scuba diving and enjoyed my time there tremendously. Never thought of camping and wasn't into hanging back then. It would be hot in the boonies but it would be beautiful at the same time!!! Which I could be a part of that but it would cost a fortune to fly there. I hope you find others to join you. My oldest Daugher was born at the Navy hospital in Agana.

Wow, memories!
    Gideon

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    So you were here during the great days before the development of Guam. I would have killed for that opportunity had I not been to young to enjoy it. (I'm a little oldr than your daughter) anyways, I came here for my first time about 6 years ago when I first joined the navy. I fell in love with this island, saw some orders to here and jumped for them. Been here about 4 months so far not a single camping trip yet, but I'm working towards converting some coworkers from ground dwelling. I know the plane tickets can be quite pricey, and I wouldn't expect anyone to fly for an entire day to hang on this island. More than likely a group hang will have to wait till I get back to the mainland in a few years.

Btw, thanks for your service from one member to another.

• + New Posts