Threaded View

New Hanger from East TN

First off, I would like to say thank you to everyone for the tons of wonderful information that is posted here, and hating to single just one person, thanks to Shug for the video series. Those helped me visualize exactly what was being talked about, and then how to go about making it happen.

I had borrowed an ENO double from a friend one weekend, and thought it was pretty darn nice. So, I guess that is what got me started. From there, I found this awesome forum, and was hooked! I am on a budget, so I had to take a bit of time, sort out what was seemingly best for me, and proceed from the information gleaned here. I ended up with an ENO single, whoopie sling, python straps, and a Kelty Noah's Tarp 9.

Lo and behold, the first night with it all hung and assembled in the back yard, it stormed. Hard. Really hard. However! Not to worry, as I was comfy and dry, because I had a great source of information prior to hanging for the first time. That said, I slept all night dry and free from worry of getting wet, or having water run down the lines to the hammock.

So, anyway, sorry for the TL;DR post. I wanted to say thanks to the whole community for the info to make my future endeavors enjoyable!
    Last edited by Lost Iowan; 06-17-2012 at 11:47. Reason: spelling**