Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nx 250 ??

One more voice on this, and I agree on hanging a bit loose. I am not using any bottom insulation on mine at this time, so nothing to distort the visuals when hanging it up. With everything closed up and hoops raised, give a good amount of sag to the mid area of the weather shield. I am about 6ft. and a bit less than 250, and this works for me consistantly. While I am not against using one on the Clark NX250, I feel not need to use a ridge line, visuals work fine for me. To be honest, I had to experiment a bit to "learn" the visuals though. On my gathered end hammocks, a srl on them all.

Hammock
    Too many
    Tarp
    Too many
    Insulation
    Too many
    Suspension
    Too many
    Images

Thumbs up

Good reading on this little thread.
    I like passinthru's 1/3 of the way to the head end sag idea. Makes a good visual reference point for the best hang; tension and level wise. Also liking the shock cord attachment after the initial hang idea. Will definitely be trying that out next time.
    Last edited by russwestwood; 07-02-2012 at 07:15.
    From the trees we came, to the trees we shall return

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    I haven't used a ridgeline, but I suspect that the ridgeline length also changes with different setups.
    Structural ridge-line (SRL) length in proportion to the length of the hammock and cord it hangs from between the ridge-line ties does not change. About 8" / 200mm of length of added suspension length is needed at each end (or put it all at one end) in order for the ridge-line to clear the hoops when the hammock is loaded. If the stock NX250 starts at 108" in length, it will then hang from points 108+16= 124" inches apart. If an SRL span of 103" indicated the sag you wanted, the sag will be the same as if there were no extensions, no SRL, and a distance between hmmk ends of 90".

One reason I've been keen on this is repeatability. I assume Clark will not change the hammock bed material they use, as it defines expectation of comfort? But, the tailoring or sizes of the hoods and netting / weather-shield? They may do that differently in the future, and so the visual cues may change.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 07-03-2012 at 09:24. Reason: last line

susiew50, I only have around 40 nights in my nx250, and have thought that I had it all figured out, just to realize a couple of times that I had indeed hung it a bit tight, it is easy to do. As the others have suggested, the visuals will work. My problems came when I attempted to set up with a sleeping bag inside, it does need to be empty at set up. Hope you keep on liking it, happy hanging.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Insulation
    Hudson River UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Well, happy to report that I just came off a 2 day kayak campout in Lower Saranac Lake. I kayaked 9 miles to the site and had the best night of sleep in my life. My Clark NX250 went up easy and I had no problems. I put it up overlooking the lake and listened to the loons calling all evening. The whoopie slings were easy to use. The temp dropped to 47 and I was so warm. I did use a Hudson River UQ, but I think I wouldn't have needed it. Can't wait to the next trip.
    Last edited by susiew50; 07-12-2012 at 05:20. Reason: photo didn't come out

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by susiew50 View Post
    Well, happy to report that I just came off a 2 day kayak campout in Lower Saranac Lake.
    Picture me giving you a an insanely jealous look.....

Hammock
    clarke Nx 250/ woodsman x ?
    Tarp
    ML Cuban Fiber
    Insulation
    ukhammocks modular
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutch kit
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    ....and if that is the case, have short lengths of shock cord (if you are a serious camper) or inexpensive light sewing elastic( if you want to get by for under <$2 from Wallmart, etc) to pull the hoops back toward the hammock ends, so the netting is up for maximum ventilation and comfort.
    Yep i agree with you , but also i set up the 250 with an internal ridgeline without the poles in it looks just like the average hammock once i reach my line i then place the hooped sections in and your up and running just adjust the elastic you place on the hoops to adjust as Demostix stated, works a treat..
    "THE FINAL STEPS WHICH WE MAKE IN LIFE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT MOVE SLOWLY"... r. s. g . 1966

Hammock
    clarke Nx 250/ woodsman x ?
    Tarp
    ML Cuban Fiber
    Insulation
    ukhammocks modular
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutch kit
    In the end of the day it is how comfortable it is when cranking the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZ`s
    not all prim and proper showing it off at a meet or communal "HANG", sag is better for the comfort .
    "THE FINAL STEPS WHICH WE MAKE IN LIFE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT MOVE SLOWLY"... r. s. g . 1966

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12