Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    I'm loving my stock HH (but that's probably because I don't know any better.

I hang my shoes from a piece of paracord that I hang from my ridgeline and outside the hammock. Keeps 'em off the ground and out of the hammock. I usually put my bag on a tree, unless it's raining, then I put some plastic down under me and it sits there.

Just under 200g. A little less than 8 ounces. Packs down smaller than an orange

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    DD 3x3m
    Insulation
    DIY UQ soon!
    This is giving me so many good ideas!

I hadn't thought of a seperate sling underneath... Good one, Allytk.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    HH Hyperlite Asm
    Insulation
    WBBM TQ, DIY Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Allytk View Post
    Just under 200g. A little less than 8 ounces. Packs down smaller than an orange
    Hmm, a little heavier than I'd like to go, BUT I think I might be able to work with it should the need arise.

I've got a HH hammock so the ridgline is ideal for hanging stuff from. Perhaps instead of a full mesh hammock, a cuben fiber gear sack off the line. Waterproof, strong, light. I would imagine you could get something around 2-3oz with how light that material is... The only issue would be accessibility, depending on how its constructed.

That being said, I've just ordered a Zpacks Exo - which is cuben fiber. I probably can just hang that and be done with it. It would really go with UL backpacking in terms of multifunction... BUT I know that not everyone has money to just go out and buy one, but you might be able to get someone (OR DIY) to make a hanging dry sack of sorts....

Sorry, this turned into a brainstorm.

I use a separate gear hammock underneath too

Images
    Just came across this picture on a website, pretty good idea as well...

Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    Just came across this picture on a website, pretty good idea as well...
    that looks like it is on the same side of the hammock that you get out on. That would bug me to death hitting it whenever I got up. For me it would have to be hung on the other side of the hammock which defeats its purpose if you need something from it.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    that looks like it is on the same side of the hammock that you get out on. That would bug me to death hitting it whenever I got up. For me it would have to be hung on the other side of the hammock which defeats its purpose if you need something from it.
    What about tying a loop in the rope to offset the,pack so its not immediately in your way but still accessible... Like moving it a pack length toward your head...

I have read a few forums on this topic and a few ideas not yet shared in to pick up some sticks and make a little log cabin with them under your hammock, would work for running water as well as keeping it under tarp... Would also work with your rain cover out away from tarp... I usually hang my pack at the "head tree" with a piece of 550 set up like slap straps and the biner that my keys hang on that usually in my pack... Also I will tie my shoe laces together with a regular tennis shoe knot and hang them over tarp ridgeline (think ghetto shoes on a electrical line)...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I use a small sheet of tyvek on the ground under my hammock and place my pack on it. I'm heading of for a 7 day hike next week, one of the planned camp grounds is known to have rats. I'll probably will hang my pack of the rigging. I have attached eye rings on my whoopies to stop rain dripping onto hammock. A small carabiner hocked onto my pack onto the rings should do the trick.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    I use a small sheet of tyvek on the ground under my hammock and place my pack on it. I'm heading of for a 7 day hike next week, one of the planned camp grounds is known to have rats. I'll probably will hang my pack of the rigging. I have attached eye rings on my whoopies to stop rain dripping onto hammock. A small carabiner hocked onto my pack onto the rings should do the trick.

Ymmv but try playing with it... The extra weight of the pack off the suspension messes with the angle of the lay... Just a head up you may want to try it out at the house or park or whatever...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast