Tarp
    Speer 8x10 CatTarp
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    webbing & cinch
    Images

SS

is the Super Shelter just the under/over covers that you can order that work with any HH hammock? Or is the SS a totally different hammock that comes with all of those pads?

Cause I watched the setup video for the supershelter, and the girl unzips something that is like a double under layer where she slips the underpad in.
    Also on the hennessy website, the SS is only $129, so i figured that couldn't be a hammock + pads.

I'm sorry if you guys are sick of seeing stuff about the SS.
    "I leave here believing more than I had, this love has got no ceiling" - Eddie Vedder

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The SuperShelter is the silnylon undercover, the open cell phone pad(s), and the attachments. The overcover is a separate option for the SuperShelter. The first models had the undercover and overcover as one piece, though.

Hammocks are separate.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    An option to the HH SS undercover is a JRB WeatherShield. ~1/2 the price, but no open cell foam under pad. Due to lack of experience & ignorance I ended up purchasing both and use both on a HH ULBP. I sleep on the cold side. The SS + ocf, but without space blanket is ok down to ~60F. Below that I like the Nest underquilt & WeatherShield combo. The WS and the HH ocf should work fine together. The ocf is suspended to the hammock body at the side tie outs and foot & head of the hammock. With the WS if you then decide to use under quilts you then already own a compatible wind/water protector.

Side note: The ocf and under cover come in a nice double cord lock ended stuff sack. Problem is compressing the ocf tight enough to easily stuff back into the sack. The sack does makes a great Bishop style bag to pack the HH ULBP + undercover. I stick the ocf into a JRB regular size silnylon compress bag and squeeze it down to a small cube for packing.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I added a video to the HH Video thread that shows how the SS under cover is installed. It may help clear up any questions.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts