Jsanderson

Newbie to the site/hanging.

Hey guys and gals, new guy here, well I registered back a couple of years ago thinking I would get into hanging around then but never got into it. Right now I am looking into the ENO Doublenest to be my starter hammock. So hopefully I will learn some valuable lessons from you guys and will be well on my way hanging instead of sleeping on the cold ground!

I plan on ordering the slapstrap pro, bug net and dry net all when I place my order. I'll look at any hammocks y'all suggest too.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Hello and Welcome to the Forums from Canada!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsanderson View Post
    Hey guys and gals, new guy here, well I registered back a couple of years ago thinking I would get into hanging around then but never got into it. Right now I am looking into the ENO Doublenest to be my starter hammock. So hopefully I will learn some valuable lessons from you guys and will be well on my way hanging instead of sleeping on the cold ground!

I plan on ordering the slapstrap pro, bug net and dry net all when I place my order. I'll look at any hammocks y'all suggest too.
    First, welcome to the forums! Second, I would hold off on ordering those slapstraps. They're fine for short lays of about an hour, but extended times, like overnight, they will stretch so your hammock will be scraping the ground by morning. You can read this forum thread about the latest person to discover the problem. Might I suggest looking at whoopieslings.com for your hammock suspension needs? In particular, I would suggest getting the All-in-One system they sell. It's extremely simple to set up(talking about less than 30 seconds), and it gives you a set of whoopies slings, which allow you to adjust your height of your hammock with a simple pull. If you like the design of the Slapstraps, there is a polyester alternative, the Python Straps from Kammock. But whatever you choose, have fun out there!
    Last edited by lilricky; 06-19-2012 at 22:56.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL & 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB SF, WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome from another Bama hanger in the NE part of the state. There are several great hammocks to choose from. I have two warbonnet blackbirds that I really like. I have a 1.7 dl and a 1.1 dl. I also got a Hennesy Scout for my grandson, who is 8. My 1.7 has a whoopie sling suspension which is lighter than the standard adjustable webbing suspension. Go check out the Warbonnet forum here on HF and also go to www.warbonnetoutdoors.com to check out their hammocks and tarps. The WBBB's are available in single layer and double layer, they have integrated bugnets built in which is nice around here to protect one from the skeeters and noseeum's. The blackbirds also have a nice sized shelf inside to put things while your hanging, and they have a "footbox" built in.
    Where in Bama are you located? If you were nearby I would be glad to show you what I have. I have learned a lot from reading here on HF. It's a great site and has lots of very helpful hangers to answer your questions and help with any questions you may have. The previous post was correct about the slap straps, you don't want those. You can buy or make some nice tree straps out of 1-2" polyester webbing.
    I would suggest looking for other folks near you that are hangers or going to a local hang. There you can see different kinds of hammocks, suspension systems, all kinds of hammocking gear. If you have a sewing machine, better known on here as a thread injector, you could make a lot of your gear. Look in the DIY section of HF for all kinds of ideas. I hope this has helped you get started. Happy Hanging.

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Mass.

• + New Posts