WB's BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20dUQTQ, HG Ph
    Suspension
    Whoopies

PEI & Cabot trail hang suggestions

Hi all, wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to hang out east. Wife and I are riding out to the Cabot trail early July on the bike and we are planning on hanging for each of the 10 nights away.

I think we should be ok with finding somewhere to hang along the way, we have a rough idea of where we'll stop each day but are not making any specific plans. I am however thinking of calling ahead for the Cabot trail and PEI to make sure we have somewhere to stay.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to hang out there?

This is more or less our route to get there. We'll be taking the ferry over to PEI and returning via the Confederation Bridge. Then staying in Canada for the ride home taking Hwy2 to either 20 or 132 depending on the time we have left.

Thanks,
    Mark

Hammock
    Tree Boat
    Tarp
    Guide
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    straps

Cabot Trail

The Cabot Trail is a GREAT ride. Plan on stopping and enjoying the views often.

Instead of the St. Anne's loop take the Englishtown ferry. The view from Kelly's mountain down at the ferry and St. Anne's bay are worth the extra few minutes.

Watch your speed coming down North Mountain. Very hard on brakes, use a lower gear. Do the Skyline Trail, the views are spectacular.

Cheticamp is one of the cleanest villages in Canada. That is because of the winds that can blow away small children. No metal sheds or kids toys in sight. If the winds are up when you come down North mountain into Cheticamp you may want to continue inland out of the wind. If the winds are mild Cheticamp is Great.

Have a great ride.

Hammock
    WB's BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20dUQTQ, HG Ph
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for the info. Is Skyline Trail hike-able with sandals only? Weird question I know but we are limited on what we can bring on the bike and I may have to leave the hikers behind.

Any good spots to hang?

• + New Posts