Hammock
    ENO DN

DIY an ENO Double Nest to TWO layers???

(I posted this in both the DIY and Insulation forums. Hope it's ok!)

Hey guys. I've been trying to wrap my head around all my different options with the pads and UQs. I'm wanting something for this summer and fall where temps should be very mild here in AL.

So far, I don't like the pad option, althought all I've tried so far is a CCF blue from Wal Mart. I'm gonna want to be shifting from side to side at night and I don't want to have to wrestle to keep it under me.

I'm looking at all the UQ options too. Right now I'm thinking I may DIY a cheap sleeping bag for an UQ. Weight and bulk isn't that important now as I'm mostly gonna be hanging in the woods behind my house. I just want to be comfortable temperature-wise as I experiment with all the other aspects of hanging.

I have an ENO DN and am loving it so far! I've heard of other hammocks that have double layers for sliding insulation of some sort in for warmth. Have any of you ever sewed another layer on the ENO and used it that way? If so, would some rip stop nylon be the thing to use? Can it be purchased at Wal mart?

Another question. With a DL hammock, do you still "feel" the CCF pad under you trying to wad up? What's your material of choice between layers for summer/mild camping?

Thanks in advance for the advice!!

Images
    BUMP! I'm another noob and I have the same hammock and interested in any answers to this question too.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    I have an ENO DN and started using a pad and didn't like it so I bought an UQ. I love it. You get the comfort of the ENO without the pad bunching or sliding, in the summer I start with the UQ off to the side until I cool down (I'm a hot sleeper), if I wake up chilly I just pull the UQ underneath me and I'm back to sleep. Sorry, but I don't have any experience with DL hammocks either purchased or DIY.

• + New Posts