Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessy A-sym/Hex
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessy
    Of course. My package with 3 tablecloths shows up as I am leaving to go to work for my first night on a 3 month stint on graves. wish I could work on these at work. My employer might have a cow if I do though. Hmmm... Might just get creative and do it anyway.
    Speaking of creative. Does anyone know of some magnets strong enough to hold a hammock and person? Haven't really researched it yet. Thought someone might have gone looking into this.

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorJunkie1992 View Post
    So does anyone use these as there go to hammock for all year round? I would use it when my lady wants to go on hike and she would use my WBBB. Ill put it to ultimate tests any how just wondering how serious yall use these.
    I bought a PapaSmurf DangerBird72 that is made from crinkle taffeta tablecloths, and I've slept in it every night but two since I got it in early July (mostly indoors). It is the most comfortable thing I've ever slept in.

I'm pondering making a "house" version so I don't wear this one out too quickly. The 90" was cavernous, and had enough left at the sides to cover up with. I got a pair of smaller ones to play with for the "house" hammock (I forget the size).

That serious enough?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJJ View Post
    I bought a PapaSmurf DangerBird72 that is made from crinkle taffeta tablecloths, and I've slept in it every night but two since I got it in early July (mostly indoors). It is the most comfortable thing I've ever slept in.

I'm pondering making a "house" version so I don't wear this one out too quickly. The 90" was cavernous, and had enough left at the sides to cover up with. I got a pair of smaller ones to play with for the "house" hammock (I forget the size).

That serious enough?
    Ya tendertoe said he uses his as his go to hammock as well. Once I get mine I will test it. If I really like it I will make a bug net for them ( I order 2 60x126 ) and sell my WBBB 1.1 SL and use it for my only hammock Then maybe later on down the road buy a Dangerbird.

One down, more to go

I built a 60x120 today for my son. I put channels on the ends and hung it in his room using 550 paracord. He only weighs 59 lbs so I think we'll be fine. I have some Amsteel Blue coming next week. I'll replace the paracord then. This is, by far, the most comfortable hammock I have ever slept in. It's not gram-weenie light, but it is definitely light. It would be fine for car camping or short backpacking trips where comfort and cost outweigh a pure weight concern. I'll be building similar hammocks for my daughter, my wife and myself soon. Most will be used at home. William and I are making ripstop hammocks with bug net, tarps and underquilts for our winter camping, Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

Jeff

Hammock
    hennesy ultra light
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    I made two gathered end hammocks. One black and one fuchsia . My wife flipped over her HOT pink hammock. I think I may have made a convert!!!

Puppy kinda likes it too.
    As a wise man once said "If woman don't find you handsome at least they'll find you handy." Hang in there.

Color trade?

Hey y'all, I ordered 2 black 60x126 and I meant to order one black and one fushia for my GF and the way the do exchanged I dont like. Is someone willing to buy a fushia 60x126 and I will trade them a black for it? Brand new in package I wont open it. Hope someone can help me, if so PM me please.

Jeremy

Hammock
    Some Gathered End or Other
    Tarp
    DIY CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies and etc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorJunkie1992 View Post
    Hey y'all, I ordered 2 black 60x126 and I meant to order one black and one fushia for my GF and the way the do exchanged I dont like. Is someone willing to buy a fushia 60x126 and I will trade them a black for it? Brand new in package I wont open it. Hope someone can help me, if so PM me please.

Jeremy
    I have a stack of tablecloths but no fuchsia, but as you and another forum member would have to pay shipping, seems to me it would be much more practical to just buy a fuchsia one for $13 and free shipping and just have a black blank on hand for that inevitable next one you make for someone...

At what, $5 minimum for shipping these days, you might possibly save $3?
    Some say I'm apathetic, but I don't care. - Randy

I have a stack of tablecloths but no fuchsia, but as you and another forum member would have to pay shipping, seems to me it would be much more practical to just buy a fuchsia one for $13 and free shipping and just have a black blank on hand for that inevitable next one you make for someone...

At what, $5 minimum for shipping these days, you might possibly save $3?
    I am just going to order it and make three and keep one for a spare.

Jeremy
    Last edited by TheCoyote; 09-03-2012 at 16:18.

Just sign up for TF's newsletter and they come out with free shipping often.
    Also they let you know on the sales they have. Save some buck that way for sure.

Peter
    PoleHangin everywhere

Hammock
    HammockBliss no see um
    Suspension
    home made webbing
    Images
    Has anyone tried any of their Polyester table cloths?
    http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/ta...ashes-s/96.htm

Is there a difference in the tafetta and the polyester?

• + New Posts
  • Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast