Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    stormcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, OH
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,519
    Images
    26

    Great Review LRR

    Once again, thanks for the great Review LRR. That is an awesome total weight with lines too! Historically, I have always been a bit partial to the 4 season tarps out there but the hex is really starting to grow on me. I try to be more of a minimalist and the hex tarp is is in better keeping with that philosphy....You get the simplicity of fewer tie outs but with plenty of coverage.

    Man, you were able to get some nice closeup shots of the tarp. Mind if I use a couple for the website?


    @Rip Waverly Your project sounds like it is going to be fun....as always!

    ~Adam

  2. #12
    Uhhhhh could we have that weight in grams????

    also what did the tarp weigh before lines??????

    All kidding aside I had the privilege of seeing this masterpiece in person and as usual the construction/care/and quality is that which one has come to expect with a HammockGear piece of gear was once again shown in LRR's tarp!

    Here's hoping that I too can one day own a HG tarp.....
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

  3. #13
    Acer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    Hammock
    WBRR, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/UGQ/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoop/Dutch
    Posts
    3,887
    Images
    19
    Any cuben tarp from HG is a most excellent piece of gear. I know I love mine,,and the wife coerced me into getting one for her.

  4. #14
    stormcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, OH
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,519
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Uhhhhh could we have that weight in grams????

    also what did the tarp weigh before lines??????

    All kidding aside I had the privilege of seeing this masterpiece in person and as usual the construction/care/and quality is that which one has come to expect with a HammockGear piece of gear was once again shown in LRR's tarp!

    Here's hoping that I too can one day own a HG tarp.....

    Thanks Cranky Bear and Acer for everything you have done for us, including all the kind words.

    LRR's tarp weighed in at 4.74 ounces (that's 134.38 grams) before his guy lines were added.

    CB, Shoot me an email when you are ready...

    ~Adam

  5. #15
    Senior Member ShadowAlpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USA
    Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Posts
    2,282
    Images
    31
    nice looking tarp! thx for sharing the pics. Enjoy

  6. #16
    Senior Member lazy river road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Posts
    3,331
    Images
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Once again, thanks for the great Review LRR. That is an awesome total weight with lines too! Historically, I have always been a bit partial to the 4 season tarps out there but the hex is really starting to grow on me. I try to be more of a minimalist and the hex tarp is is in better keeping with that philosphy....You get the simplicity of fewer tie outs but with plenty of coverage.

    Man, you were able to get some nice closeup shots of the tarp. Mind if I use a couple for the website?


    @Rip Waverly Your project sounds like it is going to be fun....as always!

    ~Adam
    The hex has grown on me as well, Adam you have created quite a master piece. Feel free to use any pics you would like and if you want me to email you the pic. as a file just let me know and I'd be happy to do so. This tarp has plenty of coverage and after using it I no longer see a need for doors during the Summer and Spring months.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Uhhhhh could we have that weight in grams????

    also what did the tarp weigh before lines??????

    All kidding aside I had the privilege of seeing this masterpiece in person and as usual the construction/care/and quality is that which one has come to expect with a HammockGear piece of gear was once again shown in LRR's tarp!

    Here's hoping that I too can one day own a HG tarp.....
    Well looks like stormcrow answered that one for me thanks you for doing the math for me. Any ways CB you knew the answers to your own questions and I have the txt. msg. to prove it

    And yes Acer, HG makes some might fine tarps. Now you just need to convince her that you guys both need Hex Tarps.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

    Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Thanks Cranky Bear and Acer for everything you have done for us, including all the kind words.

    LRR's tarp weighed in at 4.74 ounces (that's 134.38 grams) before his guy lines were added.

    CB, Shoot me an email when you are ready...

    ~Adam
    No need to thank me for anything, you did all the work...

    Email....now how do I do that again????

    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Well looks like stormcrow answered that one for me thanks you for doing the math for me.
    Good thing too as who knows what you would've come up with

    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Any ways CB you knew the answers to your own questions and I have the txt. msg. to prove it
    Hogwash.........oh wait I just looked haha lol you do
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Similar Threads

  1. Hammock Gear Cuben Fiber Tarp Gear Review
    By Darwin S and A in forum Weather Protection
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 14:03
  2. Hammock Gear Incubator 0 review
    By Wlb007 in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 21:13
  3. Going to ground w/Hammock Gear (pics?)
    By jlink79 in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 14:34
  4. Hammock Gear 40 Rated Quilts and Tarp Review:Wordy and Pic Heavy
    By lazy river road in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 20:08
  5. Guide Gear 12x12 Tarp Review Video
    By Navigator in forum Reviews
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 21:00

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •