Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 116
  1. #81
    Senior Member ftroop94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, WB Spinn
    Insulation
    Leigh-Lo, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    423
    Okay momma gave me a hall pass!!!

    I've been hammocking for a few years now, but only since I began my UL backpacking, so let me know what to bring. (Of course this is all contingent on Rayn letting me put gear on his ferry!)

    I have a never used dutch oven and I'm willing to bring it for a meal/side/dessert?!?

    This weekend I plan on hanging in a WBBB 1.0 DL, but as it is a group hang I'm happy to lug along any of the following if someone wants to check out any of the following:

    WBBB 1.7 SL
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    WB Traveler 1.7 SL
    GTUL
    Hennessy Cub (sshhh.... I'll have to sneak one or both of these out past my rugrats if anyone is interested)

    I look forward to meeting everyone in Mid-Tenn!

    ~SMK
    Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
    Healthy, free, the world before me,
    The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.

  2. #82
    weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    Any Double Bottom Hammock
    Insulation
    Inflatable pad
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    this is in the regular forum so anyone can see it
    Rat spit. Well, Ewker, do you think I should remove it? Maybe I'll leave it until our group gets it and then edit it tomorrow.

  3. #83
    weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    Any Double Bottom Hammock
    Insulation
    Inflatable pad
    Posts
    209
    If my Avocadoes are good, then I will be making Guacamole, a recipe from a woman I met in Phoenix, AZ. I also make a mean, green salsa, but it may not be in my budget this week. So, restaurant style chips or whatever you like. Is tomorrow to late to post about the Guacamole? We will need chips. I have Friday covered unless you want to bring something for dessert. If I make the salsa and Guacamole, I may need space in someone cooler...

    So here is my menu for Friday:
    Venison Sloppy Joes, Weather style
    Hashed Brown potatoes you're gonna love.
    Possibly Guacamole
    You might talk me into the green salsa if someone wants to contribute to the expense. Any takers, just post.
    I'm not bringing dessert...
    I mentioned buns for the Sloppy Joes, I eat mine without the bun sometimes. It's all good, either way.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Ewker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Old Hickory, Tn
    Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    Posts
    4,418
    Quote Originally Posted by weather View Post
    Rat spit. Well, Ewker, do you think I should remove it? Maybe I'll leave it until our group gets it and then edit it tomorrow.
    I would edit it now if you can
    There are times that the only way you can do something is alone that waiting on the convenience of others means that a lot of opportunities will pass you by
    Spirit Walker

    Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool. ― Mark Twain

    Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

  5. #85
    Senior Member Ewker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Old Hickory, Tn
    Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    Posts
    4,418
    looks like we aren't going to make it. Hamhocker has to work Sat and Sun. I might paddle over to say Hi to everyone
    There are times that the only way you can do something is alone that waiting on the convenience of others means that a lot of opportunities will pass you by
    Spirit Walker

    Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool. ― Mark Twain

    Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

  6. #86
    Senior Member hangnout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, TN
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Posts
    1,789
    Images
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    the campsite is on the end of the island facing a little island called racoon islandneo
    Thanks, looking forward to hanging out with you on Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by weather View Post
    I am dealing with a challenge that may change my overnight plans. Houdini has serious spinal issues.

    I really needed to get away but Houdini has priority so it is what it is and I'll play it by ear.
    Hope Houdini does well and you can make it

    Quote Originally Posted by ftroop94 View Post
    Okay momma gave me a hall pass!!!

    I've been hammocking for a few years now, but only since I began my UL backpacking, so let me know what to bring. (Of course this is all contingent on Rayn letting me put gear on his ferry!)

    I have a never used dutch oven and I'm willing to bring it for a meal/side/dessert?!?

    This weekend I plan on hanging in a WBBB 1.0 DL,

    I look forward to meeting everyone in Mid-Tenn!

    ~SMK
    Bring what you want! I plan on going "heavy" on this trip and use gear that normally does not make it in the backpack. I may bring an extra cuben tarp but I plan on using a 2 pound camo tarp and my dual mode bridge hammock. Coolers, chairs, beverages, charcoal: This will take getting used to!

    Quote Originally Posted by weather View Post
    If my Avocadoes are good, then I will be making Guacamole, a recipe from a woman I met in Phoenix, AZ. I also make a mean, green salsa, but it may not be in my budget this week. So, restaurant style chips or whatever you like. Is tomorrow to late to post about the Guacamole? We will need chips. I have Friday covered unless you want to bring something for dessert. If I make the salsa and Guacamole, I may need space in someone cooler...

    So here is my menu for Friday:
    Venison Sloppy Joes, Weather style
    Hashed Brown potatoes you're gonna love.
    Possibly Guacamole
    You might talk me into the green salsa if someone wants to contribute to the expense. Any takers, just post.
    I'm not bringing dessert...
    I mentioned buns for the Sloppy Joes, I eat mine without the bun sometimes. It's all good, either way.
    Send me a PM on whatever you need. We already have the buns, chips, extra skillet covered as we discussed. If you make the green salsa we will cover that too. If something happens that you need to take care of Houdini we won't go hungry so no worries

    How about that weather, low 80's and 60's.

  7. #87
    Senior Member ftroop94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, WB Spinn
    Insulation
    Leigh-Lo, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    423
    I will tote my dutch oven and make some sort of a cobbler for everyone. I'm happy to help with a verde salsa. PM me with what you need and I'll grab it!
    Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
    Healthy, free, the world before me,
    The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.

  8. #88
    Senior Member Oper8or's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Kelty Noad 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies-N-Straps
    Posts
    308
    Images
    23
    Well I had to report that we will not be there. A family issue has came up that we are preventing us from joing yal. Maybe next time.
    I am me and no one else can be me without my permission.

    My Youtube page.

  9. #89
    weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    Any Double Bottom Hammock
    Insulation
    Inflatable pad
    Posts
    209

    Your plans

    I was really looking forward to seeing both you and Hammocker. Sorry you can't hang. Hey if the 2 of you can paddle over Friday for sure, I'd love too see you. Saturday is up in the air, daughter's plans have changed but she is fretting over giving Houdini special care so I'm not sure what will be...

    I'll send Susie a pm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    looks like we aren't going to make it. Hamhocker has to work Sat and Sun. I might paddle over to say Hi to everyone

  10. #90
    weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    Any Double Bottom Hammock
    Insulation
    Inflatable pad
    Posts
    209

    my phone @

    I did edit it and may just take it out completely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I would edit it now if you can

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 07:02
  2. bear island hangout was a blast
    By neo in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 06:17
  3. my camp out on bear island june 12th to 14th
    By neo in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2013, 17:05
  4. the 2nd summer bear island hangout was a blast
    By neo in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 16:21
  5. nashville area kayak hangout on bear island june 8,9,10th percey priest lake
    By neo in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-17-2012, 07:46

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •