Okay - I know you folks get this all the time... Hammock newbs who are completely lost in the dark. You are all just so good at giving advice though - how could I not ask!

So after literally countless hours researching which hammock system I think would work best for me, I have found that I am just as confused, and possibly even slightly more overwhelmed, as I was when I started my research. Every time I think I find an answer or make a decision, I see or learn something new. Needless to say, I am exhausted. So I have decided to cave, make an account, and just throw my situation out there to see if any of you veterans have some advice for me.

My situation:

I am doing a NOBO Appalachian Trail thru hike next March. I am looking for a lightweight hammock system that can get me through the wide range of temperatures that I can be expecting, and will not scare the living crap out of me by being insanely complicated (I am 100% inexperienced with hammocks - I am very very willing to learn, but probably couldn't handle something too x-treme).

I am a female, 5'1, weighing about 130lbs. I, of course, would like to have a cost effective solution that doesn't break the bank, and I am still willing to throw a few extra bucks around if I think it will make for a better situation.

I know that everyone has their personal preferences on what works best, so there is no right or wrong answer, but I would still love some advice!