Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Walmart Special
    Insulation
    Pad & Blanket
    Suspension
    Straps

Walmart hammock

I bought a hammock from good ol' Wally World today. Took it to the back yard and hung it. It came "complete with suspension system". He suspension leaves some to be desired. The ropes stretched something awful. It has quick links at the end of the hammock to attach to. Is there a tutorial for the whoopie sling system? Has a neat little stuff sack attached. I'm thinking I need to make a few mods to make it better. Overall for $25 I guess it'll get me started. Hoping to make an overnighter a month next year!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    I'm guessing this is some kind of end-channel style hammock, correct? If so you're on the right track. I got an inexpensive parachute hammock for about $15, installed some whoopies from a PIF, and made some toggles and straps with goodies I had in the gear pile. Total investment maybe $25 but my kids love it for lounging in the back yard. It's small enough to toss in the daypack for a quick break too.

Just do a search on here for "whoopie sling" and you'll get hundreds of hits. You can buy them from several vendors or make your own. Watch several of Shug's videos and you'll be on your way.

Good luck

Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Kelty Noad 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies-N-Straps
    Images
    Here is a link on how to make whoopie slings. It's actually pretty easy after you have done it a couple of times. You can look on my youtube page in my play lists. I have Shug's videos linked there and a bunch of how to stuff. Not all of it will apply but I'm trying to put more into the hammock how-to playlist. I wont make any how to vids on hammock camping. I dont feel I'm experienced enough to really guide anyone on it.

As I've stated many times, its not always what you know or what you remember, its knowing were to get the information that can save your hide.
    I am me and no one else can be me without my permission.

My Youtube page.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Kelty Noad 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies-N-Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oper8or View Post
    Here is a link on how to make whoopie slings. It's actually pretty easy after you have done it a couple of times. You can look on my youtube page in my play lists. I have Shug's videos linked there and a bunch of how to stuff. Not all of it will apply but I'm trying to put more into the hammock how-to playlist. I wont make any how to vids on hammock camping. I dont feel I'm experienced enough to really guide anyone on it.

As I've stated many times, its not always what you know or what you remember, its knowing were to get the information that can save your hide.
    As a matter of fact. I just remembered that the video on my main page is of the Walmart hammock. My son bought it to use on our hikes. Now we just need to finish our bugnets and make a couple of tarps. If you plan on making stuff like that yourself check out the DYI Hammocks here on the forums.
    I am me and no one else can be me without my permission.

My Youtube page.

• + New Posts