Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Let's keep this thread on HH and away from the politics, pls.
    Sorry Jeff, but this entire thread is politics. What else can be said? I'll summarize: HH makes his hammocks in CHINA (not in the USA). Some are assembled (not in the USA) and made elsewhere (not in the USA) but it appears only one (the survivor) is made in the USA.
    Once the factual statement of where HHs are made was stated, the rest of this thread is political opinion (and not necessarily wrong).

It IS an election year!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I didn't say whether it was right or wrong - b/c this isn't the place to discuss it. Bringing up the false advertising is a good thing. Where HH's are manufactured is on topic. The pros and cons of a global economy are not, and neither is the role of greed in society. I have a lot of ideas about both of those topics...but they don't belong on this forum - those conversations can to to PMs.

Vote however you want to - just don't talk about it here!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I think that no matter where the HH is made, TH did a good job of assuring the quality of his product. With all the hhs sold I have never heard anyone complain about the quality. Design yes, but not the quality. I have worked in manufacturing most of my life and I don't think textiles are America's foray anymore. Take a look at the shirt you’re wearing, your shoes, socks, or what ever. This gives me more admiration for JRB and Speer to produce a product in a market place dominated by cheap foreign labor.

I think that the Made in the USA label is regulated and you can not say that unless it is 100% true. I know that if it isn't completely true you have to say it is made out of foreign and domestic materials. TH also has no shortage of lawyers to make sure he is compliant. So unless someone can prove otherwise I am going to give TH the benefit of the doubt and assume it is correct.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    You know... since the original poster has made one post... and it was the first post of this thread I wonder if there was an intent and agenda behind it. This is surely not news to anyone here except maybe the newest members. There has been plenty of discussion of this before. Not that repeat discussions are bad... but come on... isn't this horse dead yet?

According to the profile the last activity was when this thread was started. Something seems not quite above board here. maybe it's just me. Our gas is turned off so I can't take a hot shower. Maybe that's it.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Have to mostly agree with Dutch on HH quality. I've heard (and had) a few minor issues, but less than what I hear from many other products. And he's usually quick to repair/replace them. Not fond of many of his other business practices but his quality control is pretty good considering the number of hammocks he produces.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I didn't say whether it was right or wrong - b/c this isn't the place to discuss it. Bringing up the false advertising is a good thing. Where HH's are manufactured is on topic. The pros and cons of a global economy are not, and neither is the role of greed in society. I have a lot of ideas about both of those topics...but they don't belong on this forum - those conversations can to to PMs.

Vote however you want to - just don't talk about it here!
    Tough job you moderators have...When is enough politics enough?

I don't envy your job. Pick a point, I support the HF either way!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    You know... since the original poster has made one post... and it was the first post of this thread I wonder if there was an intent and agenda behind it. This is surely not news to anyone here except maybe the newest members. There has been plenty of discussion of this before. Not that repeat discussions are bad... but come on... isn't this horse dead yet?

According to the profile the last activity was when this thread was started. Something seems not quite above board here. maybe it's just me. Our gas is turned off so I can't take a hot shower. Maybe that's it.
    We talked about that in the moderator's forum. There are a couple other interesting things too, like two other usernames associated with this one. Still - assuming his post is accurate, he didn't say anything outright inflamatory or just throw out some unfounded mudslinging, so we decided that his post is on topic and should stay.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I was not suggesting it's removal. Just that it appears to be a bit manipulative from where I sit. I think the title is rather inflammatory... but eh... not my call Praise the Lord. The moderators here are first rate. I been there done that got the t-shirt and the hat and was working on the tote bag when I left the moderators position I had. You guys do good,
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti Under Quilt
    Suspension
    Slings/straps
    I use my HH every trip and love it. The quality is outstanding and I have had only one issue that their service took care of quickly. I wish they were made in the US but frankly I am glad they are just made.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I just got this response from Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hennessy

There seems to be a bit of confusion about where the Desert rat, Woodland Camo Expedition and Survivor hamocks are made. We manufacture these three models completely in the US at times but at other times we sew them in the US but assemble them in Canada. This depends on the requirements of our larger customers and we do not always have both versions for sale at the same time. All fabrics and fittings for these models are made in USA.

Due to larger demand over the summer, at the present time, the only "made-in-USA" hammocks we have in stock in our Blaine, Washington warehouse are the Survivor Universal Digital. All fabric and fittings for these models are made in USA. As with most manufacturers, inventory is changing all the time - we make a concerted effort to keep our website accurately updated and will continue to do so. Sometimes people will take screen shots of our website and then publish them in forums at a later date - this is not always an accurate source of information. If anyone has any questions about where hammocks are made, please phone me at 1 888 539 2930 for updated information.

Thanks

Tom Hennessy

Hennessy Hammock
    637 Southwind Road
    Galiano Island, BC V0N 1P0
    1 888 539 2930 - 250 539 2930
    [email protected]
    www.hennessyhammock.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast