Hammock
    DIY SL/DL Ripstop/DIY Taffeta
    Tarp
    DIY Hex/HH Hex
    Insulation
    PLTQ/Pad
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie/M Spk
    Thisis what I use. Has a hook on the back that is strong enough to hold the flashlight in any position.
    It's a hammock thing, you won't understand!

The wife no longer kicks me out of bed after she saw a hammock hanging in the dog house.

Images
    I plan on using a Luci light. Hook it to my pack during the day to charge, it is a pretty bright light, and it is light weight. At least by my standards.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    I plan on using a Luci light. Hook it to my pack during the day to charge, it is a pretty bright light, and it is light weight. At least by my standards.
    I use this light as well. Packs small and is very light.

I like Luci Lights

Images
    I know the Luci light gets a lot of love around here, but mine was total junk. Maybe it was a fluke.
    It went on 3-5 trips during which it was only used twice. It was just OK. I found the light a little too focused no matter how I had it set up. It basically lit 1/4 of the area under my tarp.
    The red circle that covers the button shifted around inside so the button component was exposed.
    No big deal.
    After sitting out in the house for several days to charge, I took it to a recent hang. I turned it on to help find my hammock and came back about 2 hours later to find the thing dead and broken. It wasn't just a dead battery, the thing is completely dead. I got home and left it in a window for a day or two and it does nothing.
    Into the trash with it.

So far, my favorite light has been the LED Christmas lights that run on two coin cell batteries.
    These aren't perfect but pretty good. I suspect the ideal setup would be a light about where the 4 side panel pull outs are. I dislike having to replace the coin cells every other trip. I suspect I can connect a USB cord and run the set off my battery bank or an 18650 cell. I'll have to give that a try.

My dream is to rig up some headphone wires to the inside of the tarp permanently so it all packs away and I just have to take a USB cord and plug it into my bank sitting in my ridgeline organizer.

Hammock
    DH Raven (5103)
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by surreal_trip View Post
    Hey folks,

I was wondering what everyone uses and generally recommends for lighting in their hammock. I'd like something that will hang off my ridgeline and gives me a good radius of light. I'll be using it for late night equipment repairs, sewing, and trip planning for the next day. I had someone recommend the uco candle light, but I don't know how great a fire and hot wax would be hanging right beside me and my bugnet would be.
    I have recently started taking a Megabrite M3 I picked up at Sams.
    It's a bit on the heavy side, but my lord it puts out the light. It has a clip to make attaching it to a SRL very easy.
    The power went out the other night during a storm and we used it to light up the living room.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    I usually don't use any light at all, but I have pretty good night vision. That said, some nights seem extra dark. I bring my Petzel headlamp, which, if I need indirect light, I'll place on the ground shining up at the underside of my tarp, but I also bring my tablet, and if I want to save my tablet's battery, I also keep a keychain LED in the hammocks pocket

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB1.1
    Tarp
    Suprfly/MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    3-Season TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I use a .70 cents light that my son bought for me from the school Christmas store when he was in 2nd grade. When he gave it to me he was so proud that he spent so little. It was hysterical. It's still a point of humor. The batteries cost far more than the light ever did but I never go out camping without it.
    WBBB 1.1 (Coyote Brown)
    SuperFly Tarp / MacCat Deluxe Tarp (Coyote Brown)
    TQ: Warbonnet 3 Season
    UQ: HammockGear 3 Season Incubator
    Mystery Ranch Kodiak or SweetPea / Gregory Z55

You can find useful info about high-quality lighting in this article. There are some good variants with prices, and you can choose according to all pros and cons.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    When I hang at home or on the rare occasion I car camp, I use a Nite Ize clip on light like this one, but with a resin biner that is a chunk lighter. I have both the metal and resin. When backpacking I don't use a light.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast