Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 629
  1. #391
    Senior Member Sparkfly88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Hammock
    DD frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3mx3m
    Insulation
    PLUQ & PLOQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Last year's Hang was my wife's (MightyMouse's) first night in a hammock. Despite the ungodly cold temps (for Florida) she loved it. Goes with me every time now!
    Awesome! :-D

  2. #392
    New Member tallyabt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee,FL
    Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    still deciding
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    26
    Tallyabt and jr can't make the trip. Hate it, but life can really get in the way sometimes. Hope it is a wonderful outing for all!
    See you next time!

  3. #393
    Gumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Old4Hats Hilton
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Posts
    1,350
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by tallyabt View Post
    Tallyabt and jr can't make the trip. Hate it, but life can really get in the way sometimes. Hope it is a wonderful outing for all!
    See you next time!
    Sorry you can't make it. Perhaps we will see each other next year!

  4. #394
    Gumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Old4Hats Hilton
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Posts
    1,350
    Images
    10

    A few pesky details.....

    1) Buck Lake can seem hard to find, look for the HF Logo to help guide you. If you really need it, PM Timberrr or me and we will give you our cell numbers. Texting is the best way to communicate.

    2) EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: The Group Photo will happen prior to the raffle on Saturday. The HF banner is being shipped down for our use throughout the hang. We don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt so please be present for the group photo. Remember PICS or it didn't happen. How else can we claim the largest gathering of Hammockers in the World?

    3) The common area is a designated loading zone for dropping off gear before heading back up the entrance to park. If you do not need your vehicle nearby, please make room for those who do.

    4) The "Court of Firewood" is scheduled to be delivered Thursday afternoon. I've been promised that it's 4 BY 4 BY 8 - STACKED - NEAT.

    5) Patches have arrived and are amazing as always. To get your patch, you must sign in and get your name tag and then you will be given a patch. A sign-in station will be in common area.

    To those of you who are old dogs..er old hats at this event, bear with me while I bring our new guests up to speed. As always, my only goal is for everyone to have a fantastic time!

  5. #395
    Senior Member SkunkApe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hammock
    Simply Light Tree Runner SL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 8x10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    1) Buck Lake can seem hard to find, look for the HF Logo to help guide you. If you really need it, PM Timberrr or me and we will give you our cell numbers. Texting is the best way to communicate.

    2) EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: The Group Photo will happen prior to the raffle on Saturday. The HF banner is being shipped down for our use throughout the hang. We don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt so please be present for the group photo. Remember PICS or it didn't happen. How else can we claim the largest gathering of Hammockers in the World?

    3) The common area is a designated loading zone for dropping off gear before heading back up the entrance to park. If you do not need your vehicle nearby, please make room for those who do.

    4) The "Court of Firewood" is scheduled to be delivered Thursday afternoon. I've been promised that it's 4 BY 4 BY 8 - STACKED - NEAT.

    5) Patches have arrived and are amazing as always. To get your patch, you must sign in and get your name tag and then you will be given a patch. A sign-in station will be in common area.

    To those of you who are old dogs..er old hats at this event, bear with me while I bring our new guests up to speed. As always, my only goal is for everyone to have a fantastic time!
    Sign in a get your name tag? At the location?

  6. #396
    Timberrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orlando (okay, nearrr Orlando)
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    The H.U.T.
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    The H.U.T.
    Posts
    1,383
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by SkunkApe View Post
    Sign in a get your name tag? At the location?
    No, at the post office in town. You have to ask at the counter. If they don't know what you're talking about, ask for a supervisor. They'll take care of you.

    So many trees, so little time...

  7. #397
    Senior Member SkunkApe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hammock
    Simply Light Tree Runner SL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 8x10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberrr View Post
    No, at the post office in town. You have to ask at the counter. If they don't know what you're talking about, ask for a supervisor. They'll take care of you.

    I choose death.

  8. #398
    hangNyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG down/DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Posts
    784
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberrr View Post
    No, at the post office in town. You have to ask at the counter. If they don't know what you're talking about, ask for a supervisor. They'll take care of you.

    Which town? Which counter? What supervisor? Take care of what?
    RON

    A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at? ~ Ronald Reagan

  9. #399
    Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Western, NC
    Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    Strap'BinerWhoopie
    Posts
    2,415
    Images
    55
    Thanks for the details Gumbo! Already made my donation to help cover the expenses... and the rest of you have too, right??
    - Loki my videos
    2015 Hot Springs Hang - join us!
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." John Muir


  10. #400
    Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Western, NC
    Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    Strap'BinerWhoopie
    Posts
    2,415
    Images
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberrr View Post
    No, at the post office in town. You have to ask at the counter. If they don't know what you're talking about, ask for a supervisor. They'll take care of you.

    Hahahaha
    - Loki my videos
    2015 Hot Springs Hang - join us!
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." John Muir


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 465
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 10:33
  2. SECOND ANNUAL FLORIDA HIKE-N-HANG (planning)
    By Flackfizer in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 21:34
  3. Second annual florida hike-n-hang
    By Grinder in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 20:13
  4. SECOND ANNUAL FLORIDA HANG (planning)
    By Flackfizer in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 17:17
  5. 1st Annual Florida Hang
    By MAD777 in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 09:00

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •