Sparkfly this is the most organized/ unorganized event you will probably ever attend. Donation are needed to pay for the site reservations,firewood, group meals, patches, etc. Meals fall into the group meals, and then a bit of what is brought to make up dutch oven mountain man breakfasts, D.O. desserts, D.O. chilis or stews. In my case I'm doing a pot of cheesy bacon grits each morning and eating some of someone elses MM. Cornbread for the evening meal and cobbler for dessert. Then Sunday night a pot of soup for as many as it will feed. If you have a specialty that you would like to share bring the fixings. Besides meeting old and new friends is can be considered more a food fest than anything. Lunches are normally not covered so if you fell a need to replenish midday you may need to provide for that. Breakfast tends to be a brunch and dinner falls close to dusk so 2 meals a day works for most of us. Especially those of us that are already toting a few extra meals and could miss one or two. Just show up and get the feel for something fantastic then next year you will know what to expect. This will be only my second year out of three so we're all still in the teething stage.