Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    After seeing this posting I proposed to BackPackHiker that I would provide a bridge hammock for review with bi-directional shipping costs covered by me, and an understanding that "things happen" w.r.t wear and tear on the hammock by multiple reviewers. But I'd like the hammock back eventually, because my practice is to place my hammocks with people who use them. I'm willing to take the risk something hammocks to the hammock accidentally.

BackPackHiker respectfully but definitively declined stating he wants no responsibility for the state of the hammock considering that others besides he will use it, and the only way he can be assured of no responsibility is by requiring the submitter give up all rights to the hammock.

I would have made one specifically for this review. Having a hammock I invest my time in be ultimately used is worth more to me than anything I would get out of the review, and since I don't make these for sale generally there is no particular advertising benefit to me for it. The community can and will continue to get such benefit as it wants or sees in my design ideas through the videos and postings I'll continue to do on them.

In any case, the greatest value to the community in BackPackHiker's effort will be reviews of hammocks that can actually be acquired, and a DIY sub-category would be just a side-line to the main laudable goal.

I did appreciate the offer and I will make mention of your design in the review. Thank you for you contribution to the video and you ongoing support.

Withdrawn DIY catagory

I believe that I am in the same boat as the other DIY guys. Like Grizz, I would have been willing to take the risk of damage, but I'd get more value from keeping my hammock than from giving it away for the sake of a review.

I'll be interested in seeing the results of the commercial hammock comparison.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by dblhmmck View Post
    I believe that I am in the same boat as the other DIY guys. Like Grizz, I would have been willing to take the risk of damage, but I'd get more value from keeping my hammock than from giving it away for the sake of a review.

I'll be interested in seeing the results of the commercial hammock comparison.
    I really am sorry.

The review is still going to be amazing. Stay tuned. I am still awaiting the arrival of the Lawson Hammock and the release of the Warbonnet Bridge Hammock. I will keep the followers posted on my progress.

Hammock
    BMBH & Thermarest NeoAir All Season
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema Winter
    Insulation
    NeoAir All Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Interested

Seeing I own a JRB BMBH....I am kinda partial, but interested in the results. Thanks for going through the effort.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope

Diy hammocks

I have recieved a few emails questioning my decision to not review the DIY hammocks and I want to address this issues.

The reason I am not accepting the hammocks from those DIY makers is because they were offering to send me their personal hammocks that they spent a long time perfecting and making. I do not feel comfortable accepting their personal hammock for review as I would not want it to accidently become damaged or lost in transit as I can only imagine the time and effort that was put into creating it. In the same way I would not want to borrow a friend’s car to go camping as I do not want the responsibility or financial burden of repairing their personal property if it were to have any misfortune.

Recently I have received gear for review from another hammock company that had multiple manufacturing defects and failed during the first test in multiple ways. These products were returned to the manufacturer and he issued new products for review. So I am not unwilling to test and return manufactured gear. I want to be clear that the reason for me not accepting the DIY hammocks is because it is their personal gear not a manufactured product. I am aware of the need for manufactures being able to know defects and update them.

Please do not think that I am trying to be a gear hog or something. I am really doing this for the joy of making a quality review. I just appreciate the time and effort that goes into making something and know the dissapointment when that something gets lost or broken.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Well said and sound decision, I respect your choice on that and look forward to the comparisons like everyone else with the commercial hammocks. Heck I might even end up with one after all is said and done. Thank you for your willingness to do this for all of us in hammock land.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    I, too, respect the decision. This is a great idea and I look forward to the results.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB &amp; Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Sounds like a sound decision to me!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BackPackHiker View Post
    I will add the pad test to this review and yes the spreader bars in tarps has been mentioned.

Thanks
    Nice idea for a review!

Here's one "Pad in a bridge" thread http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=56201

Lookng forward to your results. Have subscribed to this thread of yours for sure
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I'm new here but I think that your decision is a good one. Looking forward to your reviews!

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast