DDCamping/HennessySafari
    Tarp
    Etowa10/10silnylon
    Insulation
    GL TQ /Yeti&AHE UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopee slings
    Images
    I may get a permission slip from the wife ! I'll have to play it by ear we have a baby due anytime now !
    High ground is dry ground!
    Moondoggy

Hammock
    BIAS WWM w/ Knotty
    Tarp
    Shangri La
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 & Bag
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Well good news bad news.

Good: I was accepted to paramedic school
    Bad: I now have 0 life for the next two years... I either study, work or sleep. No room for anything else.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Congrats! Condolences!

While you're at it, try to take Wilderness EMT too. Never know when someone is gonna take a dive out of thier hammock! ;( Plus, it might open up your options when you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonfreeman View Post
    Well good news bad news.

Good: I was accepted to paramedic school
    Bad: I now have 0 life for the next two years... I either study, work or sleep. No room for anything else.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
    I may get a permission slip from the wife ! I'll have to play it by ear we have a baby due anytime now !
    Congrats (in advance)! Friends of mine in Vermont just had a baby boy arrive

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    If y'all don't mind, I'd like to firm this up and collect all the info into one post, so people can firm up thier plans.
    OK, so here's what I have, so far. I've filled as best I could, so please correct me anything that isn't right:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 2012 CENTRAL VA HANG is planned for October 5-7th. (Friday-Sunday)

All interested in hanging by the river Friday night (10/5) by 7pm, should meet at the AT trailhead parking area located on Rte 501N/130W of Lynchburg (37.604865, -79.388285) . This is roughly 25 miles from Lynchburg. Exact hang spot to be decided on at that time b those who show up.

The hike to the view on the mountain (37.633134,-79.390632) take place Saturday morning with the plan of hanging up top Saturday night and returning Sunday noon. Anyone wanting to join in on the Saturday/Sunday leg should be at the parking area by 9am on Saturday. This hike is estimated at 3 miles/1hour heading North on the Appalachian Trail, with moderate to heavy terrain.

Naturally, people can hike/hang in thier own time knowing there will be others in the area. There is no water source at the top, so plan accordingly.

Please check the weather forecasts within 24 hours prior, as severe weather can occur in this area.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corrections and additional information welcome!
    Last edited by mrmike65; 09-03-2012 at 09:00. Reason: not finished!

Are those coordinates for the meeting place? It that at the gate?

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by essbee View Post
    Are those coordinates for the meeting place? It that at the gate?
    The first set of coordinates (37.604865, -79.388285) is for the parking area at the AT trailhead. Though no one has officially stated it previously, this seems like the most logical place to meet.

The second set of coordinates (37.633134,-79.390632) is for the suggested hang site up on the mountain; the "room with a view", so to speak

Does that help?

As I stated before, if someone has better information, or I somehow misunderstood the conversation so far, please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike65 View Post
    The first set of coordinates (37.604865, -79.388285) is for the parking area at the AT trailhead. Though no one has officially stated it previously, this seems like the most logical place to meet.

The second set of coordinates (37.633134,-79.390632) is for the suggested hang site up on the mountain; the "room with a view", so to speak

Does that help?

As I stated before, if someone has better information, or I somehow misunderstood the conversation so far, please let us know.
    Thanks, I can see your full post now. I am using a crazy browser that renders pages a little whack. I am out this time because I have to work that weekend. I do hope for a future hang-in.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by essbee View Post
    Thanks, I can see your full post now. I am using a crazy browser that renders pages a little whack. I am out this time because I have to work that weekend. I do hope for a future hang-in.
    Well, it is just the start of prime hiking/camping season here in VA...

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmike65 View Post
    If y'all don't mind, I'd like to firm this up and collect all the info into one post, so people can firm up thier plans.
    OK, so here's what I have, so far. I've filled as best I could, so please correct me anything that isn't right:
    The 2012 CENTRAL VA HANG is planned for October 5-7th. (Friday-Sunday)

All interested in hanging by the river Friday night (10/5) by 7pm, should meet at the AT trailhead parking area located on Rte 501N/130W of Lynchburg (37.604865, -79.388285) . This is roughly 25 miles from Lynchburg. Exact hang spot to be decided on at that time b those who show up.

The hike to the view on the mountain (37.633134,-79.390632) take place Saturday morning with the plan of hanging up top Saturday night and returning Sunday noon. Anyone wanting to join in on the Saturday/Sunday leg should be at the parking area by 9am on Saturday. This hike is estimated at 3 miles/1hour heading North on the Appalachian Trail, with moderate to heavy terrain.

Naturally, people can hike/hang in thier own time knowing there will be others in the area. There is no water source at the top, so plan accordingly.

Please check the weather forecasts within 24 hours prior, as severe weather can occur in this area.

Corrections and additional information welcome!
    That sounds great im in, will i need any kind of permitt or pass to hike and camp?
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast