Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    No, no white water boats yet. I've my eye on the Mamba 8.5 at some point yet I'm quite a distance from the white water area's. Sounds like you have a heck of a collection going! The Kelty I shall look up but sounds like it's too big for regular use. May make for an excellent back-up or, as you listed, bike storage. What's a good source for it?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I got my Kelty from Backcountry's closeout site: department of goods, for like $60.

I got a Mamba 8.5 a couple of months ago. But, that's a story for the paddling forum (don't you wish you were a donating member?)

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Lots of decisions to make! Just remember that what ever you choose, its not permenant- some one will come up with something new in the future that you just have to have! Thats why most of us have quite a collection of stoves, tarps, hammocks etc. Just get out there and try new things---I have yet to go on a trip and come back completely satisfied with my gear---I always tweak it begfore the next trip. ( fyi the whoopie slings are really cool, And I highly recommend them! ) Good luck!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I got my Kelty from Backcountry's closeout site: department of goods, for like $60.

I got a Mamba 8.5 a couple of months ago. But, that's a story for the paddling forum (don't you wish you were a donating member?)
    I have a feeling I'm going to be very shortly if for no other reason than to pay back the forum for helping me avoid what seems like it would have been a costly mistake!

I think the Kelty would go well for a general shelter and the smaller hex for the hammock itself. Hmm... Got to talk to the two companies and see who can get me one in time.

Hammock
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Well, did it tonight and we'll see how this bug bites!

Ordered the Hennessy Explorer Deluxe side-zip with the heavier hex-fly (I'm not a gram weenie...yet) and am thinking of ordering the Kelty 12 or 16 tarp for when I need to cover the kayak or motorcycle on a trip (and the hammock at the same time). Not sure when they get here but you can imagine pics will come quickly.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

WOOOT!!! Woot!
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Good choice----Im sure you will be happy with your purchase!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Thanks Steve. As near as I can tell it's one of the 2-3 basic starters that a lot of people in here have used. If nothing else, it will serve as an excellent foundation.

I will also say when I had a question and left an e-mail it was nice to get a call back that afternoon when it was obvious they were busy as heck! Thanks for the customer service!

Hammock
    ENO sn
    Hey Myk i'm new to the forum and not far up the road from you (bristol). This thread was pretty helpful as I have the eno single as well (valentine's day gift from the wife). It's like many other experiences I've had with getting on forums, I have something that I like and enjoy and see nothing wrong with, then I get on a forum and realize it must not be that great, otherwise people wouldn't be changing everything about them lol.

I really just got on the forum to read about how to sleep more comfortably in the hammock, as the last time I did my knees killed me from being hyperextended. So far I've learned that I need to sleep diagonally, bring a whoopie cushion + atlas, and use polystyrene straps!
    Last edited by eastenn; 08-25-2012 at 13:24.

Hammock
    DIY speer type
    Tarp
    OES Maccat
    Insulation
    JRB Nest+ORM
    Suspension
    Webbing + Slings
    Images
    polypropylene or polyester- not polystyrene!

(pretty sure that was a typo on your part, but just in case you're looking at repurposing McDonalds' pancake/flapjack boxes...)

TH
    my hammock gear weights total: 2430g (~86oz)
    Winter: total 2521 (~89oz)
    (see my profile for detailed weights)

gram counter, not gram weenie!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast