HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images

Trip report from De Biesbosch, The Netherlands

Hi there list,

Finished a new film about last weekends paddle. Had fun in the preparation, actually being out there and editing the footage...

I had (only?) about 45 minutes of raw footage from those two days, that took about 30 minutes to copy to my MacBook. After several editing sessions (you have to give it a rest sometimes), I 'finalised' the project in iMovie, which took me another hour or so and then uploaded it, add another hour ....

Any tips or is this normal? Anyway, back to the original subject.

I went out for a quick overnighter in De Biesbosch, de Brabantse Biesbosch to be precise with a friend of mine, paddling, having fun, hanging and not doing too much ...So if you want to throw away about 10 minutes of your meaningful lives .... enjoy

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Hi there Born2roam,

I just wanted to let you know that I fully enjoyed the video of your paddle, it was a lot of fun! “Doing it from the hammock... if i can be done, it should be done" (from the hammock)”.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Zeppelin
    Suspension
    StrapsBeetleBuckle
    nice video. Love the obscure reference to KITH skit of the hunters in the canoe (on wheels)

Quote Originally Posted by born2roam View Post
    Hi there list,

Finished a new film about last weekends paddle. Had fun in the preparation, actually being out there and editing the footage...

I had (only?) about 45 minutes of raw footage from those two days, that took about 30 minutes to copy to my MacBook. After several editing sessions (you have to give it a rest sometimes), I 'finalised' the project in iMovie, which took me another hour or so and then uploaded it, add another hour ....

Any tips or is this normal? Anyway, back to the original subject.

I went out for a quick overnighter in De Biesbosch, de Brabantse Biesbosch to be precise with a friend of mine, paddling, having fun, hanging and not doing too much ...So if you want to throw away about 10 minutes of your meaningful lives .... enjoy

Grtz Johan

Awesome video born2roam! Looks like it was a grand time had with a friend...

I really want to do some canoe camping, never have and seeing all these trip reports on doing it, very envious I am, very envious.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Zpacks 8x11
    Insulation
    E.E. RevelationX
    Looks like a fun time. Well, except for the rain. Thanks for sharing.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    B2R I loved it! Made me feel like I had a paddle in my hand and rain drops trying to find a leak in my tarp.
    That stove the BAMBA???? Gotta have one! Just tell me where you guys get them...loved the fuel canister integrated with the burner. Yes we all love our itsy bitsy roh burners but white gas will always have a place. Now don't tease me, the MedicineMan stove museum must have one of these bamba beauties!
    Resistance Bridge--excellent history. I love the vid of the city environ too. You Brucie and Blaze let me see what I can only dream about.
    That canoe. I've done a bit...great for a cooler or a dog if so inclined. I'll stick with the sea kayak though because of all that water that gets in.
    Your friends T-shirt. Could not read all of it, could read what would get you sensored here! What was the rest of it ......you dont need Bushcraft if ?????
    Again loved the vid, loved the setups.
    OH, in the drive back. Looked like a bit of it was on a one lane road. I haven't seen one of those since I was in New Zealand; in fact the one there was not only one lane but had a railroad track in the middle and at one point about 10,000 sheep impeding our progress for an hour
    Remember in the near future YOU will be the resistance. Not the Germans this time though.
    The netting needle...tell me more please.
    That L.R. Defender---awesome ride. I always wanted a Defender 110 but budget never allowed.
    Looking forward to your next vid.

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    ! “Doing it from the hammock... if i can be done, it should be done" (from the hammock)”.
    Yeah somebody on a Dutch forum commented that 'we' 'needed' to do everything from the hammock so this kinda stuck

Quote Originally Posted by brambor View Post
    nice video. Love the obscure reference to KITH skit of the hunters in the canoe (on wheels)
    Thanks mate, I am still LOL with those voyageurs ... and of course Monty Python

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Awesome video born2roam! Looks like it was a grand time had with a friend...

I really want to do some canoe camping, never have and seeing all these trip reports on doing it, very envious I am, very envious.
    Thanks Cranky Bear (my wallet still doesn't like you though with them new lightweight woodstove postings )

Quote Originally Posted by Kapang! View Post
    Looks like a fun time. Well, except for the rain. Thanks for sharing.
    The rain wasn't that bad since it was still warm. Thanks for watching.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    B2R I loved it! ....
    That stove the BAMBA???? Gotta have one! Just tell me where you guys get them...loved the fuel canister integrated with the burner....
    Afaik the Borde (bombe) is no longer made, it is kind of a collector's item, some zenstove information, look at self pressurizing stoves. Jan bought it from Preben Mortensen after a Weiss survival course in Sweden. Will keep my eyes open to help you find one but I reckon t'internet is your best bet.

Resistance Bridge--excellent history. I love the vid of the city environ too. You Brucie and Blaze let me see what I can only dream about.
    That canoe. I've done a bit...great for a cooler or a dog if so inclined. I'll stick with the sea kayak though because of all that water that gets in.
    Well I reckon a lot of us are dreaming about places we can see in other people's trip reports. After all HF is my main inspiration for this. So a big thank to all of you out here!

I take a canoe over kayak any / most time (depending on the waterways). Love the feel of paddling it, sitting, shifting around, storage room. Never could get comfy in a kayak, but love to give it another try in the right surroundings (talking about dreaming....)

Your friends T-shirt. Could not read all of it, could read what would get you sensored here! What was the rest of it ......you dont need Bushcraft if ?????
    Didn't even think about that. Sorry mods!

The netting needle...tell me more please.
    That L.R. Defender---awesome ride. I always wanted a Defender 110 but budget never allowed.
    Netting needle... eeh iirc it was either in one of Mors Kochanski's booklets or one of his comments before Rod Garcia made his Skookum Bush Tool or ... luckily I saved a picture, so all credit go to Mors Kochanski on this one!

So that was just a carving practice thing for us. Mind you, unlike Mors' statement to make one of these in 3-4 minutes it took us a lot longer.

Two friends of mine, both called Jan (to make it easy) are driving LR, pretty cheap to get here but maintenance, 'road taxes' and diesel usage make it not the cheapest option around...

Thanks to all for your replies and your waisted time watching the vid

Looking forward to watching more and making more.

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

• + New Posts