Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Yes! do think we have too many choices!... Ok not really, but it can be daunting and confusing when you're first getting started trying to figure what route to go. I got lucky, when I first discovered and decided to give hammocking a try I hadn't discovered HF yet and I only knew of 3 optionss, ENO, Hennessey, and Clark. So I had an easier time deciding, especially I was able to get my hands on an ENO and Hennessey to try out. It was an easy decision for me.
    And I'll tell you, if your first hammock is terrible and doesn't work for you don't let that turn you off of hammocking, try a different hammock. Different styles work for different people. I tried the ENO first and thought it was terrible, tried the Hennessey the next night and fell in love. The guy that sold me the Hennessey did so cuz he switched to ENO and liked it better. Different strokes for different folks.
    I think you're idea is a pretty sound one, I recommend gettin a Hennessey with a side zip instead of bottom entry.

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Webbn w/Whoopies
    ok....looking at the Hennessy Expedition Asym or WarBonnett Blackbird????.......

does anyone one if the Blackbird comes with a Rain fly?.....it seems that they do not?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Get the Blackbird from Warbonnet...nuff said.

And no, it doesn't come with a rain fly. The tarp you get all comes down to how much tarp you want. Length, width, doors, sil nylon, cuben fiber....etc etc...

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    They do not. If you don't want to continue to break the bank after paying for that hammock, get a blue tarp...lots a folks on here use those. I have a 40$ poly tarp from Campmor, so if you're willing to buy 4 blue tarps you could just get one like I have for not too expensive. Good luck and hang safe!

By the way, a good tarp size is a 10x12. Plenty of coverage and can be used in all environments...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Webbn w/Whoopies
    or the Grand Trunk Pro....ahhhhhhhhhh

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Webbn w/Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
    By the way, a good tarp size is a 10x12. Plenty of coverage and can be used in all environments...

Thanks for info Fish.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Been reading your posts....and you seem a bit over-whelmed by choices. Best to just start with one...any one.....and get in and start the comfort process. It differs with everyone. May turn out your first choice of hammock is the one you stick with.

I'm not a Hennessy owner myself but they do come complete with a tarp and that may save you some "choice pressure"...

Be patient and have fun on the high road.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Webbn w/Whoopies
    Your right Shug.....Over whelmed

This all started with a stop at Mountain High store.....looking and some new Hiking Boots.
    I saw the ENO's and its on!........

maybe I just need to start with Grand Trunk ultralight and make a home made Bug net and use a tarp.....

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG &amp; HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Athens, good luck as I'm alreayd hooked. Stopped in and picked up a hammock stand ($69 at Gander, the last tornado's took out the only trees I could have used at my place) and found a nice Eno single nest. It will be great for lounging and this eve I set up the hammock in my living room and lay in it for a few hours watching TV.

When I get it out to trees it will be a lot better. This one is to be the 'lounge chair/flop around/keep in the kayak' hammock. I'm right now 50/50 between Warbonnet Blackbird and the Hennessy 1.7 Double. I think they are about the same price when comparably equipped (hammock, suspension, bug net, tarp?).

Please correct me if I'm wrong guys!

I really like the NX-250 but for a first time, not sure I'm going to give up my tents kind of thing it's a lot of $$$ to put out there. So far the info on this site has proven wonderful!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12