I'm in Duncan, BC, just north a stitch from Victoria, on Vancouver Island.

After many weeks lurking on the forums, I decided on a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 DL and Superfly combo as my combination Father's Day + Birthday gift.

I have to extend some huge thanks to the many people posting very helpful videos on YouTube (Shug, Griz and WaterMonkey to name a few).

I've only had a chance to set up the 'Bird last night on the front porch for less than an hour (guests almost non-stop since it arrived). I was a little worried about fitting in it when I started climbing in (being 6'5" you'd think I'd be used to things not fitting) but once I adjusted it for sag and got the feet end higher than the head (see I HAVE been reading the forums) it wasn't bad at all!

It'll be more than a week before I actually get to camp in it, and I'm really looking forward to it. First I have a camping trip planned with my son who's 6 and that'll be in a tent (I am NOT looking forward to a couple nights on the ground) but then I have some time off and will be doing some solo camping with the hammock.

Again a BIG thanks to everyone here, one of the most informative and respectful places on the 'net.