DD Frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    hmmm...?
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ biners

Anyone familiar with Proforce 10' x 10'

So I finally decided on a hammock (DD frontline from the forum) and it is in the mail as we speak, but I need to find a decent first tarp. I don't plan on owning multiple, so the one I get is the one I will use until I upgrade or it fails. I've narrowed it down to a few choices, but wanted to see if anyone was familiar with the Proforce All Weather Shelter: http://proforceequipment.com/product...d=115&catid=25

The package seems to weigh a lot at 36 ounces but I can't help but to think that the bulk of that is from the 8 stakes and guy lines included. It seems on par with my other choices, and I was trying to stick to square tarps but I have a couple rectangular as well. Here are the others:

DD Tarp 3m x 3m (10' x 10') - http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/tarp
    Chinook Tarp 10' x 12' - http://www.chinooktec.com/index.php/...l-purpose-tarp
    Equinox Tarp 10' x 12' - http://www.equinoxltd.com/the-gear/t...lite-tarps.cfm

I can find them all comparable in price. I've read some of the reviews here regarding the equinox and chinook tarps. Should I go with a versatile square cut or the rectangular like equinox and chinook? Any thoughts, suggestions, feedback?

Thanks in advance!

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    For the kind of price you're looking at, you could have something wth doors on it:

http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/rainflys/

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I think a 10x10 is a good all around size. Not too big or too small and the weight is still decent. It will cover you from end to end and block the wind. The ends can be closed up like doors with no problem as long as there are four tie-outs on the sides. At around the same price I think you should take a look at OES tarps. They are bomb proof and have a good resale value if you decide to change things up. Another good feature, at an additional cost, are side pull-outs. They really help with adding interior room and extra tie downs when the wind is up. One thing I didn't like about the first tarp were the grommets. I have seen them rip out. Check OES out. It's worth a look. http://www.outdoorequipmentsupplier....ular_tarps.php

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    hmmm...?
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ biners
    Thanks so far for the ideas.

I've look at the HHs and I was looking for more tie in options than what they offer and something that is, for the most part, square or rectangular instead of asym. The tarp I buy will most likely double for survival situations (if needed, of course) so modularity is key.

for the OES tarps, I saw them, but they are kind of expensive (to me ). I was able to find each of the 4 I listed for $68 shipped or less. But I did like the OES and that might the next step if I decide I want to spend more on a setup in the future. I like the catenary cut.

Thanks for the input on the grommets. I agree and would most likely have to buy the little bungee cord balls that you can use with them to help mitigate that, do you think that would help or should I steer clear completely?

I also found this last night, bushcraft outfitters has a bunch of tarps, there is a 10 x 10 in my price range. http://www.bushcraftoutfitters.com/BCUSA-Tarps_c23.htm

Too many choices! I don't know how y'all stay sane and not go broke on gear.

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    I've only been doing this for a few months but the dd 3x3. Was my first tarp and as we speak have it set up in backyard w my wbbb. Lots of coverage and versatalitly. While I don't know if its bomb proof it sure seems it! I also seen a mod on the stuff sack it comes in to where its like a bishop/ speed bag but I've not done thhat myself. I've also bought an oes maccat here on forumn love the weight and easy rigging but doubt if I'd use it in winter. Just my thoughts right now. Stay tuned they change rapidly!!!
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    BCUSA 12x10
    Insulation
    DIY IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I just got a Bushcraft USA 10x12 Ultralight tarp. Thing is great. Weighs in at 1.39 pounds. The regular 10x10s they have are tested to be strong. Should check them out. Made in USA too.

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    hmmm...?
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ biners
    Ended up pulling the trigger on the DD 3m x 3m tarp.... guess we will see. I think my upgrade will be a BC USA G2 multicam. Looks "bomb proof", as I've heard a few times about other tarps.

Hammock
    1.9 SL DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    GuideGear12x12
    Insulation
    DIY Kmart UQ 550FP
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Good for you.
    We want to see pics of it hanging when you get it.

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    hmmm...?
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ biners
    Finally got the DD 3x3 and had a couple chances to pitch it. I love it and DD Hammocks went above and beyond with support so I could get if in time. With all of the tie-ins I made the right choice for versatility and durability.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344042276.517424.jpg

• + New Posts