Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    gaijin, is you UQ a full length or a 3/4 length, and thanks.
    I have a full length UQ. it extends the full length of the body, and a bit into the head/foot "cones". (My head and feet are typically only in the body portion though).

Hammock
    Clark NX270 NX250, 2- Flex 180's
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl

purchase

I will be buying from him!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    Paul at UGQ is awesome. I have a 20* UQ , a 0* TQ, and a 50* TQ in the making. Will buy from him from now on. Amazing quality and attention to detail, just call him up and he'll make anything you want. Here's his main thread on here... http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=45799
    There's some good pictures on there.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Hanger 12
    Insulation
    20deg Zepplin
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin42 View Post
    I have a full length UQ. it extends the full length of the body, and a bit into the head/foot "cones". (My head and feet are typically only in the body portion though).
    Can you move the uq so that it covers all of the footbox (cone end)? I am tall and would rather move it down the the end where I get cold. Im fine up by my head. thanks.
    I am looking to buy a quilt and can't decide between the new River 30 deg synthetic, or the Under ground 20 deg down quilt. I am not too concerned w/ weight difference, but the smaller it packs the better i guess. They say the New river fits perfect on the nx-250. Does anyone have pictures of the underground 20 on a nx-250?

Thanks for the help guys

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Hanger 12
    Insulation
    20deg Zepplin
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Another question. Does anyone use those triangle thingies on the nx-250? I do have a SRL going from ring to ring on 8" cont loops. Does a person fasten those over SRL or under, or do I need them at all for an uq or not?

Thanks

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    You could move it down over the foot to some degree, but not completely. But unless you are REALLY REALLY tall, I don't think it will matter. I am 6'1 and it covers my entire length really. The fact that it is open/uncovered out past your head and foot is not a great source of heat loss assuming you are also using a TQ and the UQ is tight against the hammock.

I have triangle thingies, but they don't really work on the stock NX-250. They end up laying on top of the "tent" and slipping around, or pressing down on the tent too much. If you modified it to use a SRL, then you would put them over it. I find the UQ fits just fine without them though.

Basically I just use the mitten clips on the UQ just outside the gathered ends of my 250, on the whoopie suspension. It makes the UQ elastic somewhat tought, but it works fine.

Hammock
    clarke Nx 250/ woodsman x ?
    Tarp
    ML Cuban Fiber
    Insulation
    ukhammocks modular
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutch kit
    I use a brilliant design by uk hammocks it`s a modular system winter TQ and spring UQ which can be set up together as an severe cold weather top quilt or swapped around as UQ very light weight i have found even in -20 c all i need with the NX 250 is the spring bag set up as the UQ as the baffles provide the extra warmth , yes as old 4hats said the spreader bars are a pain but easy to get around..
    "THE FINAL STEPS WHICH WE MAKE IN LIFE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT MOVE SLOWLY"... r. s. g . 1966

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12