WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies

Howdy from Northern Colorado

Heya, been lurking for a long time, figured it time to start contributing. My wife and I live in Fort Collins, CO (which I found out is home of Warbonnet Outdoors O_O) with our two dogs. We've been camping a decent amount (last year, we did a month-long, ~4,000 mile camping roadtrip all through California), and I grew up camping, but always in a tent thus far. I really want to get into hammock camping and do my best to bring my wife along with me, but I suspect things'll be tricksy - neither of us wants to do much, if any, camping without our dogs. They're fantastic outdoor dogs: they've been in the tent with us down to around 28° and they were both happy as can be all snuggled up with eachother; they both adore water so much we can't keep them out of it; they're (mostly XD) well-trained, and on all our hikes and such their leashes stay in our backpacks. The point is, like I said, they're fantastic outdoor dogs, and they love it so much we feel terrible leaving them behind. I just don't know how we'd manage them with us both being in hammocks. I thought about the possibility of buying/DIYing a really tiny tent to bring along just for them (45 and 55 pounds - they're not real big), and that may end up being what I do. I guess time will tell.

Aside from that, I'm kind of having issues staying comfortable in my ENO DN. I have kind of a funny neck and back (long story short, junior high P.E. teachers shouldn't be allowed to coach wrestling...), and I am usually extremely picky about I can lay down without being in discomfort. For example, a pillow has to be JUST RIGHT for me not to start feeling it in my neck literally within minutes. I'm a side and stomach sleeper, so I'm guessing that's lending to my issues in the DN. I've got the 30° thing down, and I have a SRL at ~83% that's not too taught, I've tried hanging the head end a foot or so lower than the head end (which helps a little), but I just can't seem to get things right. I don't know, maybe I'll just make a thread about it at some point. But I'm really just looking at getting a longer hammock (I'm looking at you, Warbonnet ;p ), even though I'm not a big guy at 5'10" and 140lbs or so, and seeing how that goes. I like the idea of a bridge, but I am not real into the idea of carrying spreaders around either. Then again, of course, if I can get comfortable in one, it's worth the extra weight and bulk.

Aside from all that (sorry, I get wordy sometimes...), I've not ever backpacked before, but I am thoroughly enamored of the idea and will be getting into that eventually, as money allows. My wife adores camping, so I don't doubt for a second that I can get her hammock camping with me if I can get my and the dogs' situations figured out. Money is the biggest bottleneck right now, so I think I might try and get in touch with Brandon at Warbonnet and see if we can't get together some time so I can test the BB and his new bridge out, whenever that becomes official. Also picked up my first thread injector at Goodwill for $15 and with a little tinkering and some DIY repair work, it's giving me perfect straight stitches, so I'm pleased with that purchase. Made myself a double-ended stuff sack and a RL organizer so far, haha. Good stuff.

Anyway, I apologize again for being so wordy. I'll leave you with a few pictures.

My wife and I near Lake Tahoe last summer:

Altana, being her usual goofy self:

Nanaki:

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    One piece of bad news, Warbonnet headquarters relocated; now in Evergreen. Still, only about an hour drive.

Welcome to the Forums from another Colorado hanger.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SF, CB
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Kyle welcome from Georgia!

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Mass.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Some absolutely gorgeous dogs! Hello and Welcome to HF from Canada!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    welcome from east Tenn
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    Thanks, everyone, for the greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    One piece of bad news, Warbonnet headquarters relocated; now in Evergreen. Still, only about an hour drive.
    Bummer! Still close enough that I would drive out there for a test drive if he'd have me, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Some absolutely gorgeous dogs!
    Thank you. We get asked all the time what they are, and we can only reply, "We don't know!" They're both rescue mutts, so we can't know what they are.

• + New Posts