DIY DL gathered end hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 11 ft cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY down diff cut
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Woki and I had a great time this weekend. We just got home and got things unpacked.
    Special thanks to the organizers for putting their efforts and energy into this and a big shout-out to the sponsors who contributed items for the drawing. There was much "hey let me look at that for a minute" pawing around going on after the prizes were given out.
    It was really nice to make new friends and to be able to relax and enjoy ourselves with you. I really got a kick out of the gearheads and equipment collectors- I would love to be both or either one. Thanks for toting out your stuff to show and tell.
    I saw some really nice hammock setups and some pretty innovative rigs. Many mental notes were taken.
    Woki and I hit the hot springs for a nice hour long soak just after we broke camp and helped tidy up the main meeting site. Then we headed for some place called Max Patch.
    WOW! The recommendations to see this place did not come close to how beautiful and peaceful it was. I did NOT want to hike back to the car but the rain clouds that we watched roll across the mountains finally reached us and we had to head for the car.
    Woki and I are absolutely going to make this an annual ritual if possible.
    Thanks everyone for the great pot luck dinner and for that awesome cobbler/monkey bread. I ate way too much and totally blew my diet but that is OK. I am going to think back on how nice it was as I exercise and nibble on carrots.
    Have we set a date for next year? :-)
    -Sarge
    "Live your life so that your children can tell their children that you not only stood for something wonderful- you acted on it"
    -Dan Zadra

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    It was a great hang. I wish I could have stayed for the whole shebang, but the 55K was fun. There will be a video for each. Thanks HB and Loki for the hard work. It was good to see so many new people. Thanks to Resqsarge for the sauce. I've already used it and really enjoy it.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    LeighLo quilts
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    Another awesome hang. Enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I had pleasure of meeting some really awesome people on this hang and happy to gave done so. A huge thank you to Tree to Tree for the guyline I scored in the raffle and to all the vendors for their donations. Thanks to L.D. Cakes for having me along on the kayaking trip, and a big thanks to all involved in organizing this most excellent and enjoyable hang!
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here"~Jack Nicholson/As Good As It Gets

Many thanks to Hog Tied and L.D. Cakes for letting me try out the SwitchBack and the Tarp. I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting all of you and seeing the rigs.

Getting late here, so now I have to go to bed. A square one. On the floor.

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    4S cuben
    Insulation
    down
    Thanks to everyone who made for a great time in Hot Springs. It's hard to top meeting interesting friendly people, digging into delicious Dutch oven meals, hiking in perfect weather, and hanging in the breeze by the river. Oh yeah, and winning No Tangle Guy Line at the fantastic raffle - thank you, Tree to Tree Trail Gear!

A long ride home, but I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll again.

Hammock
    Black DIY dual zipper
    Tarp
    Black DIY 10'X12'
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling

Hot Springs September 2012..........Success!!!

Yes it was! Man.....where do I start?

First and foremost, a HUGE thank you to all the great people I had the privelidge to meet and hang out with for 4 days. It's incredible to watch folks from all walks of life get together and enjoy each others company under a common interest.

Secondly, but equally important, a HUGE thank you to all the vendors for their generousity in making the prize drawing the highlight of the weekend. Everyone was talking about it and anticipating it big time.Thankyou, thank you!!!

The weather was perfect, the food was incredible, and the company was excellent!
    Rockdawg.....you're the man for great food, you took the reins and not even Betty Crocker could touch you with that peach cobbler and monkey bread you baked up!
    Loki....what can I say, you were instrumental in pulling off the drawing. You and Michellethecamper ran that like you'd done it a hundred times!

It would take me all morning to give thankful regards to all who pitched in and made this big hang a great success, RF & I are so grateful to each one of you who atteded and blessed us with your company.
    THERE WILL BE ANOTHER HOT SPRINGS HANG IN THE SPRING, if I've got anything to say about it!

Again, thanks to everyone who made it a great weekend for my family and I!

I gotta go and fry up some eggs for my Hazmat Hot sauce!(thanks Sarge!)

Hangin' Burrito...........out!
    "Is this the best you've got?!!" (Shortoff Mtn., Linville Gorge 2010)

"Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid!".....(John Wayne)

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images

River Rats at the Hang!

The French Broad river trip was a blast and I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. I'll get some pics and vid clips up tonight but for a teaser...Pucker Factor couldnt get enough and decided to go with my buddy's to try his hand at the Nantahala yesterday morning. Here's a link to the photo page the NOC offers of the Class III Falls (Lesser Wesser) at the end of the river run.
    They are photos 159-164 and they really had their paddling faces on! I'm convinced that PF is now destined to be a WW Paddler, he rocked!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    man i wish i had been more faithful to the Hammockforums. i would have loved to make this.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Timing was great, it is raining here now, since yesterday.
    Ken in NC

Hammock
    DIY Marpat w/ quad Knotties
    Tarp
    Etowah
    Insulation
    PLUQ, OT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Thanks to all for making the hang great !

Enjoyed meeting everyone and won an Infinity Hammock and some Dutchware at the drawing (thanks LDCakes).

Loved the bacon, sausage and eggs !

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggie View Post
    Sluggie and Lump are home safely.

Thanks to 2Q and ZQ for the underquilt protector. I'm looking forward to using it on the next bad weather camping trip. - Sluggie

Thanks to Black Forge for the certificate. Lump is busily planning on how to use it.

Thanks for the blast, guys!
    Lump and Sluggie
    Mountain Forge was glad to be able to offer a prize for the raffle. I think many of us hangers will like what Mountain Forge has to offer.

Looking forward to seeing Lump (and yourself) at a program !
    "The essential psychological requirement of a free society is the willingness on the part of the individual to accept responsibility for his life." ~ Edith Packer

Mountain Forge
    Self Defense - Emergency Care - Outdoor Skills
    Empowering You To Explore The Wild, Beautiful World

www.mountainforge.org

CAMP FIRE ! A 3 Day Backcountry Experience Dedicated to Empowerment and Self Reliance. http://www.mountainforge.org/workshops.html

• + New Posts
  • Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast