WBBB, HH Expedition
    Tarp
    WB SS, Toxaway
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed hook

Good Buys - Q for the moderators

Maybe this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. Sorry if it has been posted and answered already.

What do you think of having a "Good Buys" or "Good Deals" section in the forum? I see in the Eno and Grand Trunk people often post good deals on hammocks from retailers like REI or Campmor. I for one am in the market for a couple of inexpensive hammocks to introduce more people to the joys of getting into hammocks and see a need for a section like this.

Thanks for a great forum.

Dave

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I posted this a while back in the suggestions area... http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=52317

I still think it would be a great way to consolidate a lot of threads and help folks save cash at the same time. However from my understanding, the good folks modding like to keep the public side of the forums strictly hammock related thus hammock related sales/deals usually fall under one of the listed vendors so i think they just want us to post deals in there.

(you can get to the non hammock related sections by becoming a donating member where you can post just about anything in a variety of non hammock related sections as long as it isn't naughty or evil.)
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    WBBB, HH Expedition
    Tarp
    WB SS, Toxaway
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed hook
    Quote Originally Posted by toygun View Post
    I posted this a while back in the suggestions area... http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=52317

I still think it would be a great way to consolidate a lot of threads and help folks save cash at the same time. However from my understanding, the good folks modding like to keep the public side of the forums strictly hammock related thus hammock related sales/deals usually fall under one of the listed vendors so i think they just want us to post deals in there.

(you can get to the non hammock related sections by becoming a donating member where you can post just about anything in a variety of non hammock related sections as long as it isn't naughty or evil.)
    Thanks for the link. This is exactly what I had in mind. I hope the idea is reconsidered.

This is a great idea. I find myself spending time at other sites to get this kind of info. I'd rather spend that time here. There does seem to be very strict restrictions on what can be discussed here. Somewhat ironic since this is a hammock forum which I associate with ultra laid back/carefree/easy going.

I too hope the idea sees the light of day.

• + New Posts